Archived Carseat Trade In

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 20% off coupon is ONLY for new car seats.

The bigger problem is what in the blue hell do we do with all of the old ratty car seats we are suddenly going to be stock piling? There is nothing on workbench or redwire about what to do with them.

I think I heard Circle9 was handling it. You know after drinking all that wine, he'll be all mellowed out and ready to deal with anything and everything, lol

Info about the trade in is on redwire. We're supposed to get some Gaylord boxes. I can't remember but we might be able to send back on sweeps. I'm not sure I'll have read it again.
Huh. That would explain the pack of Gaylord boxes we got last week that I didn't order and they're packaged differently from the usual ones.

Carseat returns go straight into the trash compactor at my store, yes even the unopened boxes.

I guess for this event we are actually recycling them?

Last edited:
Yup, Gaylord boxes. Got ours yesterday labeled SFS supplies, I was like whaaaa? They are more durable/thicker then the usual ones though

I don't understand the point of the trade-in if we don't benefit from the old carseats. If they just become trash, what was the point? Is it supposed to be an incentive to the guest? Why can't we just give them a damn coupon without the nonsense of the trade in? This also sucks for new parents, whom don't have old carseats to get them 20% off.
It's a bigger incentive to buy one right then and there. If we just put a coupon in the ad, people would consider it but might not be motivated to actually use it.

I'd assume Target has a partnership with a vendor to dispose of the car seats which makes it worthwhile to send them to the DC instead of chucking them into the compactor.

well monday the new trade in starts and just found this posted so don't bother
no recycling here at Spot !!

Screen-Shot-2019-04-21-at-1-54-24-PM.png

I don't understand the point of the trade-in if we don't benefit from the old carseats. If they just become trash, what was the point? Is it supposed to be an incentive to the guest? Why can't we just give them a damn coupon without the nonsense of the trade in? This also sucks for new parents, whom don't have old carseats to get them 20% off.
Solution: buy a car seat at goodwill or a yard sale for $10. Or pick one up for free at junk yard. Get a coupon. Save 40. Off a 200. Car seat . Still ahead.

well monday the new trade in starts and just found this posted so don't bother
no recycling here at Spot !!

Screen-Shot-2019-04-21-at-1-54-24-PM.png

All Car Seats are swept back and they're recycled at a Third Party Company who specializes in recycling Car Seats. While the company likely throws away parts that are not recyclable saying they get thrown away in "A Dumpster outback" is wrong and either a lie. A Car Seat donated out of Recycling event season. Or ASANTS with a Leader who does not care about Targets love of recycling in the slightest.

Before there was a recycling event, infant furniture was tossed when it was reset. I think this is what she is talking about. The recycling event is only a couple years old.

Before there was a recycling event, infant furniture was tossed when it was reset. I think this is what she is talking about. The recycling event is only a couple years old.
Wrong all Inf displays had to be defected out and put on a pallet to sweep. Never in the compactor

Wrong all Inf displays had to be defected out and put on a pallet to sweep. Never in the compactor

That's not what the last transition note said for infants. It specfically said to throw them in compacter and to not sweep it.

As much as that doesn't make sense.

I wonder if Target gets some sort of tax credit for getting car seats that aren't considered safe out of circulation.

It might be to limit the amount of coupons that are given out to try and deter resellers or something although I haven’t really heard of someone reselling Target car seats but you never know

They will go back as sweep and you will get some special gaylord boxes for them.

Old car seats are like old helmets, yeah still look like they function but the materials degrade and in a crash they may not actually perform properly. It's a way to get these pieces of trash out of circulation. My old helmets are now art pieces in the garage, they are nothing more than pretty trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back