Archived Carseat Trade In

Status
Not open for further replies.
We received coupons saying 20% off a new carseat with trade in of old carseat. Does anyone know about this program????

We received coupons saying 20% off a new carseat with trade in of old carseat. Does anyone know about this program????
It starts on the 17th, and people come in to recycle the old car seat in hopes of them upgrading to a new one. The guest gets a 20% off coupon when the old one is brought in

I hate having to toss perfectly good car seats that are returned and the box never opened.

I think the idea is to get kids in safer seats that aren't super old. I don't think you'd be getting newer seats still in a box as trade ins? However I've been there. We got a high dollar stroller off the truck that was super beat up and we decided to defect it. Better to be 100% safe than put a kid at risk somehow.

I bet the coupon will have a long list of exclusions.

"the guest doesn't want money back... They actually just want heroin" etl ge "well get them some heroine dammit the guest gets what the guest wants!!"
And don't get them crap, find the good stuff....rawr.

We sold a display in patio the pmt wasn't happy with the safety long term, cause the etl wanted the guest happy... I hope she sues after something happens.

We sold a display in patio the pmt wasn't happy with the safety long term, cause the etl wanted the guest happy... I hope she sues after something happens.
I had a tl tell me to sell a display in patio... Mind you they are actually sellable, they aren't display models they're actual items... But we don't sell them until they go ptm and we know we won't get anymore... So I had to tell the guest and the tl that we do not sell the display. Needless to say they both got mad.

We sell displays once they are discontinued and we know we are not getting any more in. Seems early this year but we already sold an entire set.

The STL wants us to sell the pergola.
Presentation TL, PMT, and I all agreed to "lose" the parts that anchor the pergola into the dirt.

We sell displays once they are discontinued and we know we are not getting any more in. Seems early this year but we already sold an entire set.

The item has to be d-code/clerance, not in stock in our store/district/online and no further stock before the display are sold in my store. Someone in my store doesn't follow this and would have made blender dude happy as stated in another thread. I personally wouldn't buy a display product. People are crazy.

Had someone harangue an ETL at my store demanding to buy a display set &, after it was confirmed that it had just gone d-code & we had no more, the ETL consented.
In the next breath, the guest wanted an additional discount because 'it had been on display' & pointed out tiny scratches & marks.
ETL said nope, as-is or not at all.

I make sure to shut the ones down who I know are abusing the game. My ETL-GE/AP have my back as well. I don't know about the ETL-LOG.. I stay away from him when he's LOD as he has that kind of say.

Does anyone know anything about this??? I'm trying to get info from my ETL but he doesn't care/have time to look.

The 20% off coupon is ONLY for new car seats.

The bigger problem is what in the blue hell do we do with all of the old ratty car seats we are suddenly going to be stock piling? There is nothing on workbench or redwire about what to do with them.

The 20% off coupon is ONLY for new car seats.

The bigger problem is what in the blue hell do we do with all of the old ratty car seats we are suddenly going to be stock piling? There is nothing on workbench or redwire about what to do with them.
When in doubt, make it the receiver's problem. They're probably going to get tossed or thrown in with salvage.

Can't be salvaged for the same reason thrift/secondhand stores can't resell them: liability.
Unless they can be checked over to make sure they are structurally safe & sanitary, they can NOT be donated, sold, salvaged or even given because of the possibility of an infant getting hurt/killed/ill.

At my store "Toss" is just another way to spell "Salvage." Every time the infant displays come down they go on a pallet back to the DC because some people in this store think the compactor can't have things that look vaguely intact thrown in it. But somebody else somewhere else can throw it away instead.

I don't know. I'm trying to work on it, even if it means throwing half of a "salvage" stroller in the trash when nobody's looking.

The last car seat trade-in event had us palletize the old cars seats and then send them out for recycling. Not sure if they went back on a sweep trailer to the DC or if they were picked up by a third party vendor. I would think something similar would be done again.

I don't understand the point of the trade-in if we don't benefit from the old carseats. If they just become trash, what was the point? Is it supposed to be an incentive to the guest? Why can't we just give them a damn coupon without the nonsense of the trade in? This also sucks for new parents, whom don't have old carseats to get them 20% off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back