Archived Cart Attendant Equip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys and gals. I'm new to the break room and sort of new to CA. Hopefully this is the right forum or something.
I started about 3 weeks ago. Winter is coming up so I just wanted to know what I should wear to keep warm during the cold nights (I'm an afternoon to night CA). Specifically boots and jackets. And gloves! Maybe separate gloves for when I'm pulling from the lot and another for cleaning. I don't think Target provides gloves for cleaning, I haven't really check with anyone on that.
Also, can I get those earpieces that connect to the walkie? I've seen a few TM's have those. Thought they were pretty cool.

As a former CA for TN and IA stores, I braved some winters.

My only Iowa winter consisted of three major snow storms with temps reaching below 0*. The lot was mostly several inches of snow with black ice. I was told to hand push carts (no pusher).

Some stores provide coats and gloves, but you need to decide if you want to wear community coats. Wear what you need to keep warm.

Minimize or rotate outdoor duties with other CAs or TMs.

My IA store was the only one that tarpped their carts. I used a push broom and a space heater for carts coming in with snow. You can't clean them off completely.

Generally CAs shouldnt wear earpieces in lot traffic. But if it's cold enough to wear a hood, I see no issue.

Check to see if your leadership will let you get free coffee/hot chocolate from FA/SB. My stores allowed it.

But everything should be checked with your leadership. ASANTS

Last edited:
@Kartman , has a photo of his cold gear

My store has earpieces for anyone who wants them I would ask HR. You may want to buy your own for sanitary reasons.

My only Iowa winter consisted of three major snow storms with temps reaching below 0*. The lot was mostly several inches of snow with black ice.
PShhhh, the usual minnesota winter?

So I am a CA in Texas...It's getting to be summer time and probably 100+ outside. I have sunscreen but is there any chance they'll let me wear some sort of hat that also covers my neck? I burn very easily!

Hell yea! The CA is the only TM who can wear a hat.

I wear a pith helmet - nice and breezy.

I also requisition sunscreen - don't use yours! And remember you get a free drink requisitioned each shift. I get a large Gatoraid.

One drink per shift.

Not "drinks"

Yea, ours don't get drinks. There's a water dispenser in the breakroom if you need water. Sounds like you lucked out! In my old store we kept water bottles in the AP office for PD and cart attendants but currently my office is a bit out of the way to make it feasible.

I'm not sure if that drink is just my store or Target policy.

At my store we requisition cases of water and gatorade. Also as much coffee or hot chocolate when it’s cold.

My store allows cart attendants coffee or hot cocoa when it's freezing or below outside, and I think maybe iced tea or iced coffee if it's over 80-something in the summer.

Ours gives hot chocolate or coffee in the winter, Gatorade in the summer.

If your store doesn't allow the one free drink then your STL is LAME.

So I am a CA in Texas...It's getting to be summer time and probably 100+ outside. I have sunscreen but is there any chance they'll let me wear some sort of hat that also covers my neck? I burn very easily!

Hat and Shorts are allowed.

masterrace hot weather drink comin thru, nothing beats Pedialyte for those 112F CA shifts

Nn7h3z0.jpg

I like it better than Gatorade but at $5.99 you have to have a super cool STL/ETL to get it requisitioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back