Archived Cart Attendants, do you hand push or use the Quikcart?

Hand push or use Pusher?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TTGOz

Suitable
I've been doing carts now for about a month and before that on and off when we needed help with carts and it's interesting to see the variety in how people prefer to get carts in the store.

Personally, I've hand pushed exclusively and used the pusher exclusively. I hand pushed when I was figuring out the parking lot and it just felt faster because I had no idea how to use the pusher to my advantage, it just got in my way. But I figured out my parking lot and how to control carts and how to use the weather to my advantage or disadvantage.

Feel free to share your opinions on being a CA as well.

I hate that my store only schedules a closer and no mids to help with carts at a busy Super target that has the lowest taxes in the region. "payroll" lol and then when I'm pushing a big line in or in the process of collecting carts and an urgent call to clean a spill is put to my attention and I have to just bring in my 8-10 carts that could of been 30 to go clean up a spill and come back to Grocery side of my store with all the carts I've pushed in significantly depleted by customers and the GSA is asking me to get carts in on Softlines side.(this has actually never happened just an extreme exaggeration lol but everything else is true.)

As I was clocking out for my cart attendant midshift I saw a little girl spill some water in front of the check lanes next to our softner salt pallet and I went to buy some chips to go home and the CA that came in after me to close was super pissed and I was like "why" and he said they needed him to clean up a really urgent spill so no one slips and dies next to the softner salt pallet and he left a whole row of carts sitting out in the far back of the parking lot to come in and clean it and the ETL must of finally bit the bullet and cleaned up the spill her self... and that same exact spill was the fucking little bit of water a little girl spilled out the straw of her sippy cup.

I told him that and he was super mad.

I've been doing carts now for about a month and before that on and off when we needed help with carts and it's interesting to see the variety in how people prefer to get carts in the store.

Personally, I've hand pushed exclusively and used the pusher exclusively. I hand pushed when I was figuring out the parking lot and it just felt faster because I had no idea how to use the pusher to my advantage, it just got in my way. But I figured out my parking lot and how to control carts and how to use the weather to my advantage or disadvantage.

I hate that my store only schedules a closer and no mids to help with carts at a busy Super target that has the lowest taxes in the region. "payroll" lol and then when I'm pushing a big line in or in the process of collecting carts and an urgent call to clean a spill is put to my attention and I have to just bring in my 8-10 carts that could of been 30 to go clean up a spill and come back to Grocery side of my store with all the carts I've pushed in significantly depleted by customers and the GSA is asking me to get carts in on Softlines side.(this has actually never happened just an extreme exaggeration lol but everything else is true.)

As I was clocking out for my cart attendant midshift I saw a little girl spill some water in front of the check lanes next to our softner salt pallet and I went to buy some chips to go home and the CA that came in after me to close was super pissed and I was like "why" and he said they needed him to clean up a really urgent spill so no one slips and dies next to the softner salt pallet and he left a whole row of carts sitting out in the far back of the parking lot to come in and clean it and the ETL must of finally bit the bullet and cleaned up the spill her self... and that same exact spill was the fucking little bit of water a little girl spilled out the straw of her sippy cup.

First question that came into my head was, who the fuck needs to call the CA to clean up some water...

Whoever is closest to the spill cleans the spill, for the most part.

If I'm pushing in 25 carts, I'm gonna finish that first.

Hand push. The cart blocks cars and guests and I would be very unhappy if I was in their position.

I feel like I was the only CA people would call to clean up a spill. I think they hated me or maybe they really liked me and wanted an excuse to see me.

My pusher hasn't been used in so many years the tires are flat and making grooves in the tile...we have the newer light carts though so it's not really necessary.

I use the pusher EVER chance I get. If you're blocking cars then you're doing it wrong.

I can bring in 30 carts every 4 minutes with the cart pusher without getting winded. Or I could bring in 7 carts every minute (or so? I haven't timed myself when getting them by hand) and be too tired to do anything else. Easy decision. Especially when it's hot, cold, raining, snowing, windy, or basically anything else that isn't perfect weather.

30 carts is 5 carts over the limit, no matter what the pusher says.

Believe me... you DON'T want to break it.

30 carts is 5 carts over the limit, no matter what the pusher says.

Believe me... you DON'T want to break it.
True, but I averaged 30 for years and we rarely had issues with it, and that machine was already several years old. I guess it's possible that we would've had zero issues with it if we all kept to 25...

Also, I know our old one (we got a new one when we got a new set of carts) said it would shut off if it was pushing too many, but I've pushed 50 before and all it did was slightly slow down.

I don't do carts anymore, but back when I did, it depended on the style of carts. My first store had the metal carts, and with the lot being uphill (going into the store), you can bet your butt I used the cart pusher. When I moved to a store with the plastic carts, I tended to do them by hand for the most part. Carts were light, but main reason with those is when you hooked them together with the rope they would slide all over the place. Was a bit of a hassle dealing with that.

I always pushed by hand because I could always push more carts. in better time. Then that stupid quick kart.

I steer the carts... I don't push them.
drinkbeer.gif

Whoever is closest to the spill cleans the spill, for the most part.

If I'm pushing in 25 carts, I'm gonna finish that first.

We only call the CA for a spill if we need extra hands. I know you have seen the coffee or other spill that trails from a guest cart as they walk through the store.. Where six people are all working the trail of coffee in different parts of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back