Archived Cart Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amity

Soup Sandwich Artist
Our store doesn’t have a dedicated cart attendant so it’s typically up to the leads to ask team members to go.

It’s always the same people that have to go and it’s really getting on my nerves. The last straw was when I had a row of carts while a female team member just stood there and spoke to her friend instead of moving the cart that was in my way.

Girls never get sent out. One guy never gets sent out cause he said he doesn’t want to ruin his hair and another guy doesn’t get sent out cause he’s a whiney (fill in the blank).

I’m sick of it and so are the people that always get sent out. It’s bullshit. Can this be considered a sexist issue that the hotline would do something about?

My last store, the rule was everyone before their breaks had to get 5 carts. We had a mix of people get them so it wasn't a sex thing but we do have some ladies who will try the weak card so they can get out of doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be an ASANTS thing since a lot of the kids at our store will do a cart run if we're low & the cart attendant is overwhelmed.
Older TMs, particularly the older ladies, may get a pass but even leadership will join in.

Damn, I’ve never had to get carts EVER. We open at 7 and just have a cart attendant come in at 9, and then once stays until close, on weekends we usually have 2/3 at a time. I can’t imahine not having a cart attendant, we probably have upwards of 6/7 total.

Sounds like making bales in my store. They keep mentioning at huddle 'everyone' is required to make them, unless they feel uncomfortable. Naturally all but about 6 of us feel 'uncomfortable' making bales, so we get stuck doing it still. LOL

Sounds like making bales in my store. They keep mentioning at huddle 'everyone' is required to make them, unless they feel uncomfortable. Naturally all but about 6 of us feel 'uncomfortable' making bales, so we get stuck doing it still. LOL
That is like every store I think. The Receiver at my last store was the go to guy to do it. When I was Receiver at the store I was at before that, I got stuck doing it because flow didn’t have time.

That is like every store I think. The Receiver at my last store was the go to guy to do it. When I was Receiver at the store I was at before that, I got stuck doing it because flow didn’t have time.
The couple of people that do receiving at our store never make them. At least on overnights. Never. It's usually one of about 3 people on any given night. Dayside never makes them either. We've come in to have to make super-bales...two lengths of wire just to get around the thing.

My store will have a 'cart party' over the walkie and most are expected to participate. By participate, it's making at least one trip outside and bringing a line of carts. If you want, you can make a second sweep, although it's optional. There is one SL TM who will not go outside, but she does round up stray carts from aisles inside the store and usually returns with a minimum of 6-8.

If you have an issue with what you’re seeing then say something to a lead.

Cart runs at my store are not regular but they aren’t uncommon eather. GSA, GSTL, and ETLs call them and ask for all available TMs and everyone from the STL down goes if we can. It’s a culture thing though.

While I've seen the 7 cart rule in writing (shortly after I started, one of our AP guys had me sign off on a safety document that included that rule), our regular CAs exceed it all the time.

Ive only been asked to go out twice in 18 months. I've offered several times when we've been low on carts and didn't have a CA on duty, and been told not to worry about it.

As a cashier I used to go out when we needed carts. Now, I'm no spring chicken and pushing carts is a bit difficult for me. The STL that we used to have at our store would come outside to push carts and would generally bring out one or two TMs to help. When the STL would come out he'd send me inside to cashier as it was (is) more important to be on a register than it is to be getting carts.

With the STL we now have, well, she wouldn't go get carts if her life depended on it! I try not to go out to get carts, but if no one else does it, then I'll go. Usually, when I'm outside the one GSTL will go on the walkie and tell TMs that they'll have to back up at the register for awhile, since "one of my cashiers is outside getting carts" so be ready to come up. This usually gets someone to volunteer to get carts!

I don't think there is a way to get every TM to volunteer to get carts every once in awhile.
Although when there are no carts left the STL sure gets on her walkie and gets someone to go outside!

We seem to schedule the CAs appropriately. Almost never seem to get terribly low on carts, always have bags stocked at the registers, tidy restrooms, etc...
Between adequate staffing and a quality CA team, we don't need other TMs go round up carts.

If we’re low on carts the STL will yell at the GSTL over the walkie on his way to his office and so the GSTL will grab a male cashier off the lanes to grab some

If we're low on carts our STL will go out and fetch some from whatever side the CA isn't working on.

Our STL rocks. We're super lucky.

A pity to have to say that.

Everyone helping out should be the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back