Archived Cartwheel....savings is not listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
The IT team seems to be doing work on our computers/registers. It used to be that right after you scanned the cartwheel there would be a total amount of savings listed.

Now, there is no "savings" and the amount comes off when you press the TOTAL button...but still no "savings" is listed. Is this going to continue.....
....sometimes when I scan cartwheel the register shows no "savings"....but clearly the cartwheel coupon is supposed to take the percentage off...so I will give the guest a coupon discount that should have been taken off.
With this new way we'll only know the savings as the transaction completes on the register....and then there's no way that we can do a "fix it fast"...so the guest loses the discount.

I really hope that this new way of totaling cartwheel is temporary while the IT team does its magic.

The IT team seems to be doing work on our computers/registers. It used to be that right after you scanned the cartwheel there would be a total amount of savings listed.

Now, there is no "savings" and the amount comes off when you press the TOTAL button...but still no "savings" is listed. Is this going to continue.....
....sometimes when I scan cartwheel the register shows no "savings"....but clearly the cartwheel coupon is supposed to take the percentage off...so I will give the guest a coupon discount that should have been taken off.
With this new way we'll only know the savings as the transaction completes on the register....and then there's no way that we can do a "fix it fast"...so the guest loses the discount.

I really hope that this new way of totaling cartwheel is temporary while the IT team does its magic.

Been doing that for a month or so with my store. I liked that it would show it before the total was hit on the line, but apparently, no one knew about it at my store and I only found out about it from shopping one day when I didn't work.

The savings don't show up until you hit the total key. Use your tm discount card first, then cartwheel.

Yeah, it started doing that this week at our store. It sucks, because we have no way of answering the guests' questions of, "did it take it off?" It confuses the cashiers, and I end up with more people at guest services confused about if their cartwheel went through (especially on the package savings).

Clearly this upgrade was not thought through.

Mine, while it doesn't show up on the register, it did show up on my receipt. I wish they would go back to showing it on the register.

Yeah, it's still on the receipt, but like you said, not having it on the screen isn't great. And for some reason, the guests can't figure out how to read the receipt with the cartwheel savings even though it's right under the product, so they come up to guest services to have the discount applied, which is a waste of their time because if they could understand the receipt, then they would see it was there and go on with their day.

This allows you to do it at anytime during the transaction... it doesn't apply until you hit total.

It was what I was talking about in the other thread - I let the guest know it doesn't do it anymore, that it is stupid, and this is their total before - then make sure it goes down after I hit total.

UGH.

Yes, thanks to your other thread, I figured out what was going on when one of our older, crabby cashiers put a guest's order on suspend and sent them up to guest service the other day because she couldn't figure it out.

Luckily the guest needed to run back and get an extra item for a promotional gift card, so I was able to play around with it and see that was indeed what was going on.

So then I called over the GSTL and showed him, and looked like a damn genius in the process. The cashiers we have touched base with on this mostly get it. But I doubt we've gotten to all of the cashiers, so confusion will abound for a bit.

We've had this issue at our store. It's caused nothing but heartache and confusion for our guests, cashiers, and especially at guest service. Not only is it not showing the savings until you total it when the price comes down, it also isn't shown on the receipt. So guests aren't seeing the savings and thus think they haven't gotten their discount. We were all calculating the individual items percentage and entering them as store coupons individually until we finally figured out what was happening.

It was bad enough fixing and calculating a bunch of cartwheel savings at guest service if the guest forgot to have the cartwheel discount applied at the lanes having to do it one at a time since you can't scan the cart wheel app with a missed coupon, now it's gotten really out of hand. They need to either somehow incorporate cartwheel into the missed coupon function on the register, or generate a missed cartwheel function to save us a lot of time.

It's just such a waste of time we seldom have for team members to sit and have to calculate every single item individually. Yesterday for example, I spent around 5 minutes with one guest with all her items and she only saved a little over 2 dollars. It's causing a real problem slowing down checkout speed and efficiency at guest service. I really hope they address this issue asap.

There was a printout by the lane/break schedule today on what is going on with Cartwheel... I already knew. HA.

And, apparently we were able to just ask for a birthdate for beer & wine, and now we have to ask for the ID.

No one has bothered to tell ME that.... I can only do what I am told. IF my GSTL mentions "well I talked about it at the huddle" again, i'm going to ask her how many cashiers were there.... Why can't we have a note by the time clock???

They need to either somehow incorporate cartwheel into the missed coupon function on the register, or generate a missed cartwheel function to save us a lot of time.

Can you enter it as a Missed Discount instead?
I tried going under every option I could think of, including that one. It doesn't work. If I remember correctly, I believe the only two options you have under missed discount are team member discounts and pharmacy rewards under that option.

I hate the new way. It went through, but my receipt didn't actually label it as cartwheel. It just turned my pizza combo into a package. I know my cartwheel worked, but that seems like it'll be a pain in the ass to explain to the guests who use cartwheel and are used to seeing "cartwheel" on their receipts.

They need to either somehow incorporate cartwheel into the missed coupon function on the register, or generate a missed cartwheel function to save us a lot of time.

Can you enter it as a Missed Discount instead?
I tried going under every option I could think of, including that one. It doesn't work. If I remember correctly, I believe the only two options you have under missed discount are team member discounts and pharmacy rewards under that option.

They really should add a Cartwheel option in the next POS update.

Yep, as it is now, you either figure out the discount in your head, or, the preferred way is to return the stuff and resell it to them with the cartwheel. Slowly our guests are learning to not do the, "oh, it isn't loading, so just check me out and I'll go to gs for a refund" stuff.

Cartwheel doesn't always work for some items. Yogurts, I bought 6 and 3 were at regular price and 3 were discunted 25% per Cartwheel, oh well, Target jiped me out of .60 cents, today. And did I mention I bought 4 hot pockets to get the 4th one free and the 4th one was NOT free, so now I am our $ 2.60 ... starting to add up here.

Next time I shop I'll just tell the cashier and see if she is bold enough to just go ahead and give me a discount, I doubt it cause I am an employee, I think there is no "being bold" to employees. As fear they will be terminated or I will be terminated.

Cartwheel doesn't always work for some items. Yogurts, I bought 6 and 3 were at regular price and 3 were discunted 25% per Cartwheel, oh well, Target jiped me out of .60 cents, today. And did I mention I bought 4 hot pockets to get the 4th one free and the 4th one was NOT free, so now I am our $ 2.60 ... starting to add up here.

Next time I shop I'll just tell the cashier and see if she is bold enough to just go ahead and give me a discount, I doubt it cause I am an employee, I think there is no "being bold" to employees. As fear they will be terminated or I will be terminated.

If I can see the deal, like with an ad, I will give the discount. I don't cashier that much but if its somewhere I can see it, "its valid - Discount given" employee or not.

When I back-up cashed today, I had a guest use Cartwheel. I forgot to look at her receipt to see if it showed up, but she saw her total decrease when I hit TOTAL.

Yeah, sometimes the "free" stuff doesn't come off. Usually it does, but sometimes not. One time I was supposed to get a loaf of bread free (I read the fine print on the sign multiple times to make sure I had the sale right) and it did not come off. I was too afraid of sounding like a crabby old biddy, so I just silently paid for my "free" item.

The main reason for me, in wanting to see the discount, is to see how much Cartwheel does take off. I've told my guests to try to keep an eye out to know what their savings might be.....before, if the savings was 32 cents (clearly something isn't working right) I could adjust or quickly come up with an amount that seems reasonable and I'd do a discount for it.

I mean, when a guest comes up with a cart full of stuff and the savings is so small (like 32 cents) you know that cartwheel isn't working properly.

Now, without a savings shown before we total it, there is nothing that we can do to go back and give the guest their discount. If they don't get cartwheel figured out soon, then people will stop using it......and there goes another Target idea down the drain!

cartwheel does show up on the receipt under each item it was used for. I know it's annoying that it doesn't show the amount before you hit total but it does show up on the receipt.
Also, it's only good for 4 of the same item per transaction. So if you're using a 20% off yogurt and buying 6 it should work on 4 of them vs 6. You can split your transaction and use the cartwheel barcode 6 times a day.
As a team member you should be getting the same treatment as guests. If I'll do it for a guest I will do it for a team member. Same way as if i won't do it for a guest I'm not doing it for a team member. Theres a fine line there that you don't want to be shady and have team members lying about seeing an old sign or something in the wrong spot but when you're suppose to be getting an item free and it doesn't come off you should speak up.
and finally.. if you're having to calculate cartwheel after the fact because it didn't get scanned I usually just do an estimated guess. I'll ask the guest if they had any high value items and figure those out quickly but i'm not going to waste my time figuring out a long receipt with 5% off every thing they bought. In those cases cartwheel is almost always below 5 dollars so i usually just ask them if they're good with a 5 dollar off coupon and go on my way. I've mysupported the lack of a fix a mistake for cartwheel about 10 times now (once or twice a week for the past month or so) and am waiting for them to get sick of me asking. Hopefully there's more gstl's or etl-ge's doing the same so they'll get on it!

Oh, I'll just estimate, too....about 3 to 5 dollars. Hopefully the estimate is higher than the savings is.
Yes, the total saved does show up on the receipt, but by that time it is way too late to try to fix it.

Hopefully you'll hear back from "mysupport" soon....or let's really hope that they get this figured out and get it fixed fast!

i hear back from them all the time but it's never anything useful.. someone has to get the message at some point though!

But the "be bold" empowerment doesn't apply to us... So we will make changes for a guest, but I won't get the same treatment on my day off (like if something is in the wrong place or signed wrong).

Cartwheel is driving me crazy... And it's Sunday, what new ad issues will we have today???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back