Archived Cartwheel/Target.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tessa120

Current game: Elex
I have tried refusing the Target app my location information, but then I can't get cartwheel to work right. But when I give it location permission I can't see target.com prices.

A few days ago I had location on and I used the barcode scanner to verify the price of a $110 item, see if it was unmarked clearance (seasonal) and see if maybe cartwheel applied.

When I got home I looked it up from my history (not new search) to show my husband and it was only $90. And since I'm a former TM I should know better and can't get a post sale price match.

Other than constantly going into settings to switch back and forth while shopping how can I set up the target app so I can use cartwheel with phone location off? Seems wrong I have to choose between which discount I get and which I forfeit.

Blocking the location screws with cartwheel though. I can't get the discounts to load if the app doesn't know where I'm at. But if it does know where I'm at, the target.com price doesn't show until I leave the parking lot.

And prices aren't adjusted for mistakes for TMs, y'all know that. TMs are expected to know how to find the right price.

It's GPS, there was an article about how the price changes when in close proximity to a store. Theres even a lawsuit or two happening, which caused the news to report on it.

Last edited:
And prices aren't adjusted for mistakes for TMs, y'all know that. TMs are expected to know how to find the right price.
As a TM you aren’t able to price challenge, but you are definitely able to price match or get a valid price adjustment. You just can’t argue for an old sale sign to be honored or some pricing error. An honest Target price match should be fair game. I’ve gotten mine adjusted in the past and have adjusted other’s receipts as long as it follows proper price match/ adjustment policy.

Wow.
I’ve been less inclined to shop at Target lately due to constant pricing errors. Activating w/o putting up the label seems to be the norm for all the locations in my area. Frankly, I shouldn't have to expend the effort to police the prices I get charged. And now this news.....
I’m rethinking my need to shop Target at all.
They got sued so that’s why they added the “online” or “at insert store”.... idk why they don’t just show the online price on the app period. If I’m in the store I clearly know the instore price or I’ll use a price scanner

As a TM you aren’t able to price challenge, but you are definitely able to price match or get a valid price adjustment. You just can’t argue for an old sale sign to be honored or some pricing error. An honest Target price match should be fair game. I’ve gotten mine adjusted in the past and have adjusted other’s receipts as long as it follows proper price match/ adjustment policy.

Wait, so if the shelf label on some box of cereal says 2.99 and it rings up 3.99, I'm not allowed to get it for 2.99?

Wait, so if the shelf label on some box of cereal says 2.99 and it rings up 3.99, I'm not allowed to get it for 2.99?
I think that’s valid. I more of meant old sale signs... team members are expected to know the expiration date on them and if something is slightly moved over and you try to challenge that.

I think that’s valid. I more of meant old sale signs... team members are expected to know the expiration date on them and if something is slightly moved over and you try to challenge that.
My folks can’t read the dates. Lod did not check on anyone about take down. Then, I showed the pictures.. the tm’s had been here for at least 2 months.

the target app is supposed to be showing the online price as of july
It's August. I bought it two days ago. I used the barcode scanner because there wasn't any price sign around, saw the in store price on the app, only saw the online price when I got home, reopened the app to look at item details (because I was too lazy to bring it inside and my family wanted all the details).

It's August. I bought it two days ago. I used the barcode scanner because there wasn't any price sign around, saw the in store price on the app, only saw the online price when I got home, reopened the app to look at item details (because I was too lazy to bring it inside and my family wanted all the details).

do you have the most recent version of the app

Correct that is a price challenge and is not allowed. Also applies if an item is in the wrong area.

Even when you read the label and it is the correct item description and the DCPIs match?
Honestly I’d have to find my hand book to tell you the exact wording but as far as I know you pay what it rings for and that’s the final price

Reactions: DBZ
Honestly I’d have to find my hand book to tell you the exact wording but as far as I know you pay what it rings for and that’s the final price
I think if it’s legitimetly same DPCI and not an expired sale sign (aka revision wasn’t set) as long as you don’t do it purposefully (knowing the revision isn’t set) it’s ok.

I think if it’s legitimetly same DPCI and not an expired sale sign (aka revision wasn’t set) as long as you don’t do it purposefully (knowing the revision isn’t set) it’s ok.
I have to disagree. I never buy anything without scanning it with the zebra and my Cartwheel. By the time I pay, I know exactly what it's going to ring up. As a TM, we know that labels and signs can be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back