Archived Cartwheel/Target.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, so if the shelf label on some box of cereal says 2.99 and it rings up 3.99, I'm not allowed to get it for 2.99?
I've gotten a price adjustment for petty things like this. When I'm shopping, I am a guest like everyone else. Yes, I do read my signs (I always have even before retail because I never wanted to look stupid- oye, anxiety). I've even helped other TM's who have had similar problems. It happens. But we aren't allowed to be pricing the red sale signs if they are expired, set in the wrong place, etc. Like someone mentioned, we are expected to know how to read the expirations, so as a TM we could be taking advantage of a mistake. I tried explaining this to a TM once who... just... she knew it was expired and was angry that I was warning her even after we took down the signs. 'Why can't I get that deal if 'this guest' just got it?!'
'Because you KNOW it's an expired sale and are using it to your advantage for a price adjustment. They (the company) has ways of monitoring stuff, you need to be careful.'
'Well, that's not fair.'
'It is because you had all last week to take advantage of the sale then. Let's okay this with the LOD first so we don't get you in trouble.'
Our LOD finally let her have it but also gave her the same talk. After all, it was winter and we just had a cold front come through, it was an electric blanket, and she didn't have heat in the little place she was staying. I just really didn't want her to get termed over something so trivial. Anywho.

There's also other ways a TM could take advantage of knowing signage and mis-pricing, but I won't list them here. It's just a big no no.

Price matching can be done up to 14 days with receipt. Even team members can do it. I'd suggest reading the price match policy on Target.com so you can arm yourself for getting the best deals with best practices in mind.

I've gotten a price adjustment for petty things like this. When I'm shopping, I am a guest like everyone else. Yes, I do read my signs (I always have even before retail because I never wanted to look stupid- oye, anxiety). I've even helped other TM's who have had similar problems. It happens. But we aren't allowed to be pricing the red sale signs if they are expired, set in the wrong place, etc. Like someone mentioned, we are expected to know how to read the expirations, so as a TM we could be taking advantage of a mistake. I tried explaining this to a TM once who... just... she knew it was expired and was angry that I was warning her even after we took down the signs. 'Why can't I get that deal if 'this guest' just got it?!'
'Because you KNOW it's an expired sale and are using it to your advantage for a price adjustment. They (the company) has ways of monitoring stuff, you need to be careful.'
'Well, that's not fair.'
'It is because you had all last week to take advantage of the sale then. Let's okay this with the LOD first so we don't get you in trouble.'
Our LOD finally let her have it but also gave her the same talk. After all, it was winter and we just had a cold front come through, it was an electric blanket, and she didn't have heat in the little place she was staying. I just really didn't want her to get termed over something so trivial. Anywho.

There's also other ways a TM could take advantage of knowing signage and mis-pricing, but I won't list them here. It's just a big no no.

Price matching can be done up to 14 days with receipt. Even team members can do it. I'd suggest reading the price match policy on Target.com so you can arm yourself for getting the best deals with best practices in mind.

Couldn't you also get termed for making the price adjustment? Maybe not over this one time, but if TMs kept hoping in your line knowing you'd lower prices for them....

Couldn't you also get termed for making the price adjustment? Maybe not over this one time, but if TMs kept hoping in your line knowing you'd lower prices for them....
If you're doing it purposefully and especially if the price points differ greatly, then yes, you could get termed. I would suggest you never intentionally find out otherwise of a price wrongly labeled and take advantage of it. Otherwise, I'm not taking advantage of prior knowledge that I had none of. There's patterns and behaviors that are watched of people who do this intentionally and can be tracked.
Of course, too many price challenges used to (dunno if it still does) pings the system to have someone audit the location of the DPCI- especially in the case of any guests. A common problem I have seen as a cashier is a team member also had to shop and pick the problem item. Seeing it before, I honor it as Target was in the wrong for a wrong price point.
I have had a team member price challenge a lot, though. I treat the TM as a guest but repeating the behavior with me is strange considering they are a cashier, too. I have contacted AP regarding the issue and have been very transparent with how I conduct each transaction with the TM. At our store, anyway, we treat each other as a normal guest when we shop, so normally that occasional one is no harm, no foul. But as I said, this became strange and things like this could put me at jeopardy if I was doing it to give said TM favor over pricing. I washed my hands of harm by letting AP know, and said TM is still employed- so there must not either be enough mounted evidence or the challenges (very small, mind you) seem to really be very innocent.

You all would know how 'strict' your stores are regarding this, but I wouldn't get scared if your box of cereal rang up a dollar off or an item missed the $5 giftcard because an item had an older SKU number on the back. Crap happens all the time, we know, but I'm sure a leader would back you up should you find yourself in this situation.

I don't price challenge very often, but I am one of those people who like to follow the rules. If the shelf label says a box of Special K cereal in 2.99 and it rings up 3.99, I'll probably price challenge it. I can't read those labels as well as hardlines people, but I wouldn't ask for a price challenge if all those special K cereals had a label that said rice krispies.

We had a TL who can through my line once within an hour or so of closing. He had a bunch of meat with the $2 or 3 off stickers. I was shocked because most of that is gone much earlier. I think he had some other price challenges. I haven't seen him lately. I don't know if the incidents are related. There is also another TL who is always finding the really good deals. I think they are mostly target.com price matches, but IDK. I'll be paying more attention. She often has me ring her up. I just wanted to make sure I'm good with that one. I just either look at the picture that the TM took or take their word for it, as I would with any guest.

I am also curious what happens with the data from price overrides, especially the K2 one. One of my GSTLs would rather we pick missed cartwheel, but I won't when it isn't related to cartwheel. I don't care if anyone gets a notification. I also wonder what happens when price matching target.com happens a lot. And do they fix the "missed cartwheels"

It’s when you K2 a price change. It compiles a list to be cleared out of items that had the prices changed at the register using K2. It’ll send whoever is doing it to the locations (multi locs if applicable) and see why the guest thought the price was different. eg: expired sale sign, wrong shelf price, item in wrong spot, etc. It was another thing the Price Accuracy TMs would quietly take care of when stores had them. When modernization rolled out hard and everyone had to do their own pricing we didn’t do it for a little over a week until we recognized it as an opportunity (aren’t all oversights opportunities??) and now we’ll have person each day knock them out. When I used to do it it was usually less than 8 items, but for days it was over 15 I would ask for help. As anyone who has ever picked an order knows the pathing corporate gives us is just nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back