Archived Cash Advances

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaticSun

Former Front-End Guru
Staff member
Administrator
In my new store, we don't provide $20 bills to 015 (change fund). This is a pretty big difference compared to my old store, where Electronics or Guest Service would usually request it later in the day. Who decides what your advance levels are?

One of our GSTLs once told me that no one can request 20s, including Guest Service. If that's the case, what happens when Guest Service runs out of money?

You can request money two ways. by using the get change function on the register and by having the LOD advance money out of the safe into a register or to the bill fund. As far as not having $20 in the 015 change fund, we don't either. We actually started that ourselves one year and got scolded by our Sales Auditor. Each store is different as far as needs. We apparently don't need to have $20 in our change fund.

We get lots of 100 dollar bills so we NEED the 20s in our 015. I sometimes have to advance 20s or 10s to the 015 fund because we even run out. You can also advance funds directly to a register bypassing the need for get change. I had to advance $500/20s @ SD to do a $850 return in cash :( lol

I can guarentee when I am opening on a Sunday morning, that within the first 5 guests that I will have a $100 bill for an order less than $10, and the others will all want $40 cash back with their orders.....I probably order 5 or 6 advances in my $20 for my register alone....glad I very rarely ever have to touch the registers these days....

We have a lot of cash-n-carry folks so we definately have $20s in our adv fund. After Christmas, returns drained our service desk registers pretty quick. Those are replenished by advancing directly from cash office (SD loc advs are listed below the daily advances on the cash adv worksheet) because advancing from 015 is done in small increments & would be insufficient for the large amts they deal with.

We have $20's, but I strongly discourage my cashiers from ordering them, and always check before I give it to them. The only time I fill that request is when the wonderful 8:02 guest buys a candybar with a $100. I tell my cashiers to give them change using 20's, 10's 5's and 1's and then I will replenish the drawer after, 1.) So they don't hold up the line, and 2.) So they maybe get the hint that you don't buy a candybar with a $100. First few hours of the day though are the only time I need to do a $20 advance.

That's def the time when most of my requests for $20s come.
I had a newbie this season who would req change as soon as she opened so I checked her drawer - basic start fund. She was stunned that she couldn't 'get more than that' in her drawer. I told her that 1) she gets more money by taking it in from sales & 2) she will likely be moving around to different lanes thru the day so she couldn't bet on keeping her cash stash.
Jeez, so glad I'm done with that...

That's def the time when most of my requests for $20s come.
I had a newbie this season who would req change as soon as she opened so I checked her drawer - basic start fund. She was stunned that she couldn't 'get more than that' in her drawer. I told her that 1) she gets more money by taking it in from sales & 2) she will likely be moving around to different lanes thru the day so she couldn't bet on keeping her cash stash.
Jeez, so glad I'm done with that...

oooo give her all the cash she wants.... just let your ETL-AP know... if you know what i mean :)

We have $20's, but I strongly discourage my cashiers from ordering them, and always check before I give it to them. The only time I fill that request is when the wonderful 8:02 guest buys a candybar with a $100. I tell my cashiers to give them change using 20's, 10's 5's and 1's and then I will replenish the drawer after, 1.) So they don't hold up the line, and 2.) So they maybe get the hint that you don't buy a candybar with a $100. First few hours of the day though are the only time I need to do a $20 advance.

I hated those guests and loathed opening shifts because of that. I couldn't refuse them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back