Archived Cash, cash everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how three of them thought they could get away with their drawers being so far off and Target not notice. I'm sure the system flags at $20 or $50 off to start keeping an eye out for theft...but $900 for ringing up a gift card and not putting in the cash?! They practically wrapped themselves in pretty bows and handed themselves to AP. (For which my AP guy was a bit jealous of).

I'm still amazed that they don't count the change.

Having just done my first shift of cash office and sales audits and whatnot.... yeah, I'm pretty sure the central authorities will know something's wrong as soon as you close that sales day and tell them that checklane 7 only made $1100 in cash instead of $1200.... like, damn, there's buttons and tracking for a reason. super dumb, dang.

This reminds me of that case from WalMart where an employee stole over $200K over the course of a year, after being with the company for over 30 years. How the hell even!!! Don't people know how math works? Or you know, basic cause and effect?
Walmart employee accused of stealing nearly $240K

so i found $20 behind a register a few weeks ago, yes behind, like behind the computer and stuff where receipts fall if you drop them after ripping them. i turned it into my gsa but i was confused to how it got there. was it a set up?

so i found $20 behind a register a few weeks ago, yes behind, like behind the computer and stuff where receipts fall if you drop them after ripping them. i turned it into my gsa but i was confused to how it got there. was it a set up?
I think I was a mistake on someone's part. I don't think it was a test because if someone took it than they could claim management set them up. but it was good you were honest and told your GSA about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back