Archived Cash Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee

Hi ALL, I'm gonna start my first day of cash office tomorrow (specifically in a super target) any help would be phenomenal.I did one day training and all was quickly said and done by my trainer their gonna put me in cash office by myself starting tomorrow...Thanks for the feed back and comments in advance.

It helps to make your own ordered check list so you know where you are in the process as well as trouble-shooting tips.
You're going to want to focus on accuracy before speed so don't let them rush you.
Thru repetition, you become familiar with the process; with familiarity comes confidence & with confidence comes speed.

Hi ALL, I'm gonna start my first day of cash office tomorrow (specifically in a super target) any help would be phenomenal.I did one day training and all was quickly said and done by my trainer their gonna put me in cash office by myself starting tomorrow...Thanks for the feed back and comments in advance.
Cash office is probably the best job in the whole store... 90% chill and 10% white hot grease fire of pure panic when your numbers don't add up and you don't know why. Just remember to focus on accuracy over speed for right now. Also do NOT mix up your cash count and coin count. Feel free to ask us questions! :)

It's really relaxing!!! But just be sure not to rush make sure all steps are completed... Speed will come with time.

hi all I had my first CO shift on my own and it was a disaster!!! We're scheduled to complete the CO in 2.5 hours and I ended up spending my whole shift in there! The other GSAs have told me not to worry about how quickly I can get it done, I understand the concept of "accuracy before speed" but I spent my whole 7.5 hours shift in there! Thank goodness I had my GSA/CO trainer's number so I was able to call her and she was a tremendous help but I just hope that everyone will give me a chance to get in the flow of things...

My biggest time killers were double entries and entering amounts where I should've entered quantities which threw my balances off so, knowing that I'll be extra careful about that at my next CO shift...

I say all this to say that in the brief amount of time that they give you to train for the CO, when you go in on your own, mistakes will be made especially if you have no prior experience at this, I'm just thankful that the mistakes I made were correctable and at the end of the day I did balance out and got everything done...

I really love cash office one I got into the swing of things it's really relaxing not working constantly with guests and you can just be in your own bubble but for the last 3 or 4 times I've been in there I haven't balanced out because somehow the GSA that closes forget to fill a register putting me off...other than their stupidity I love it in there lol

I have a guide I typed up for my store that I can send you tomorrow afternoon.

Didn't want to start a new thread...

How to make C/O efficient?

We get only 3 hours. My new store they require all the bills to face one way even for SCO. I can get it done in 3 but as a TL I need to be done in 2 realistically to be available on the floor.

Didn't want to start a new thread...
My new store they require all the bills to face one way even for SCO.

Wait, is it still 1995? Has technology really not evolved so that banks can recognize bills in different configurations?

Man. Flashbacks. 20+ years later and I still automatically rearrange any bills in my wallet to face the same direction.

Wait, is it still 1995? Has technology really not evolved so that banks can recognize bills in different configurations?

Man. Flashbacks. 20+ years later and I still automatically rearrange any bills in my wallet to face the same direction.

You try doing that with a million ones

We faced $5/$10/$20, etc but $1s we simply faced up, NOT in the same direction.
The LaRue counters don't have any configuration recognition.
Banks have the more sophisticated counters but long ago a wrong-facing bill could stall their counters so we would get dinged if we had too many 'misfaced' bills (excluding ones).
Hence, we always faced any straps that were going in for deposit.

Targets cash office procedures are very 1990s. I should be able to tell how many 50s are in a specific register or how cash is in the till not wait to count it out.

At least they got rid of the check encoder.
I was SO happy to pack that monster up & out :D

We are allowed 2 hours for cash office. It usually takes about an hour - if we really multitask someone can get it done in about 35 minutes. I know the old way we used to do it in our store took about 3 hours but I didn't learn it until after things changed. Wish I could help you out but we don't have to face bills or anything luckily

Don't pay attention to your scheduled shift (take your meal to avoid compliance of course).

CO is really cool because it's relaxing. As a GSTL I loved when the CO went on vacation because I would cover and it is so relaxing.

Anyway, why do I say don't worry about your scheduled shift? Simply because you're new to it and you should be focused on accuracy first and foremost. Target doesn't play when it comes to thier money. ETLs are going to leave you alone because they know CO has to be done. You may be taking long but they're not going to tell you to leave.

Get the process down, focus on accuracy, don't panic when numbers are slightly off, remain calm and think, stay organized.

You should get more than one day of training though. Hopefully somebody else is CO trained when you do it...

One day is no where near enough training. I train people a minimum of 3-5 shifts before I trust CO to them alone. And like everyone else has said time doesn't matter at first. Just accuracy. If anyone gives you a problem kindly remind them you are handling the store's money and it's sort of important.

My new store they require all the bills to face one way even for SCO.

:eek:

we don't have to face bills or anything luckily

Similar at my store. For the registers, all they care about is the bills being in the correct place. Like, there cannot be a $20 bill with the $1 bills.

We do face any bills going to the bank though.

One day is no where near enough training. I train people a minimum of 3-5 shifts before I trust CO to them alone.

Me too. I train them for 2-3 shifts. Then, I give them a shift alone. I work the next CO shift to see what they messed up on. Then, I train them for another shift (or two, if needed) to work on correcting their mistakes.

We are allowed 2 hours for cash office. It usually takes about an hour - if we really multitask someone can get it done in about 35 minutes. I know the old way we used to do it in our store took about 3 hours but I didn't learn it until after things changed. Wish I could help you out but we don't have to face bills or anything luckily
... 35mins... how like how many registers do you have..

Anyway when I’m in there I recently started making the bills face the correct way and fade as it looks nice, most of the time I don’t usually worry about them I just face them up rather than spinning them, we have 3 people including me,that work in CO at my store and I take the shortest amount of time at just under 2hrs the others take way into the 3-4 range as they face and make everything perfect. I just get the job done.

Back to the question what I do is just keep working at it, it sounds dumb but seriously just find your own grove and I went from constantly being off taking 3+ hours to easily doing under 2 and constantly being perfectly balanced, even with my dumb front team that can’t seem to bank lanes and leaves lanes empty.

I only got one day when I trained.
I also got one unscheduled training shift in the morning of my service desk shift and didn’t have any other shift with someone so I asked for it and they dragged me in on a different day, so I got a solid 2 bad days of training and put on my own

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure I had 3 days of training for CO, and it was with the same GSTL all three days, and she was very thorough with everything. It was extremely intimidating at first because it seemed like I had to remember way to many things. When I was first doing it solo it took me every bit of 3 hours, and during busy days of Q4, more money to handle could slow things down some. My store typically schedules 2.5 hours for CO but I’m always done in 2, sometimes quicker. One day last week I was out in 1.5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back