Archived Cash Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else who works/worked in CO in the morning thoroughly enjoy it as I do? At first I was nervous cause you're dealing with thousands of dollars in cash but now I've got my routine down and well..

It takes me about 90 mins to get everything finished. 90 minutes in an 8 hour shift is a nice amt of time to just relax and be guest free...listening to my ipod.

Anyone agree?

Ive never done c.o. but i feel u on the no guests part i love coming at 4 or 6 am and being able to get things done without stopping every 5 mins.

I usually take the whole 3 hours, but lately I've gotten it down to 2.5 or 2.25, depending on the cash totals. I don't like it. In an 8 hour shift, behind tied down doing that for 2.5 hours or more is a drag. I'd rather be out on the floor or at guest service, being more productive from my own standpoint.

Luckily, there's a plan to train some additional TMs in 239, and it won't just be the GSTLs/GSAs.

At my store we have 1 gstl who once a week would come in and do a 3 hour cash office shift.

I loved cash office. For a few yrs it was my sanctuary, my zen time.
I loved making everything balance. The few times it didn't, I could chase it down until it did.
I miss cash office :(

we get 4 hours a day for CO lol, or 28 per week

half my day listening to music? yes please!

we get 4 hours a day for CO lol, or 28 per week

half my day listening to music? yes please!

What?!?! 4 hours? For what? It can be done in 3, even if you slack off and take your time!

What?!?! 4 hours? For what? It can be done in 3, even if you slack off and take your time!

I think the most time I ever spent in there was 5 hours.

This was years ago back when checks still had to be done. I had about 1200-1300 checks and the MICR was down. I had to manually key in each amount into each till, then run an adding machine tape to ensure they came out even...

I hated the CO ever since that day.

The amount of time it takes would vary from store to store because different stores pull in different amounts of cash. At my store we are scheduled for 2 hours. It usually takes me the full two (although I'm getting faster!). Our most experienced CO person can do it in about 90 minutes which gives her time to deal with supplies and cleaning and any other details that aren't part of the basic daily process.

B volume, usually about $25k-ish. Deposit is usually about $10k-12k. Other TMs can finish it in 2 hours, but it still takes me the full 3.

A volume usually done between 1.5 & 2 hrs.
When smart bank (if ever anything was mis-named) rolled out, I gleefully packed up the check encoder from h*ll.
Had more than one occassion of manually entering checks & even did manual count for 3 days when the CPU fried.
Fun times.

To all you people listening to music: so jelly! We're not allowed to have any electronic devices such as cell phones or Ipods b/c AP has designated them to be a security threat. How I don't really know; I've still not mastered stuffing any money into my cell phone. Drinks are not allowed, either. So no music, no caffeine, but who gives a crap if you closed the previous night and are working on 3 hours sleep? Just don't mess up those counts!

All that being said, I still enjoy CO; it's peaceful. Plus, it means I'm not having to GSTL that day.

To all you people listening to music: so jelly! We're not allowed to have any electronic devices such as cell phones or Ipods b/c AP has designated them to be a security threat. How I don't really know; I've still not mastered stuffing any money into my cell phone. Drinks are not allowed, either. So no music, no caffeine, but who gives a crap if you closed the previous night and are working on 3 hours sleep? Just don't mess up those counts!

All that being said, I still enjoy CO; it's peaceful. Plus, it means I'm not having to GSTL that day.

No caffeine?! No music?! That's so mean! We have a thousand year old radio we keep in the CO, but it works okay. I rarely bring a drink with me but I would be super annoyed if I was told I couldn't.

Locked in a room with NO music or caffeine?
Beyond wicked.
Just cruel.

I think what I really loved about cash office was that you had a solid objective (balance safe) and you got to see it through to completion. There was a real sense of satisfaction knowing that you were able to accomplish that task from start to finish. I am not ashamed to admit that I did the happy dance when balanced the day after Black Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back