Archived Cashier to Cafe TL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camacho21

Mr. Front End
So I have been with Target for about 3 months now. I applied as a cashier and that has been my primary job since. However I have recently worked a lot on the sales floor in hardlines and market as well as guest service and cart attendant. The other day I was approached by one of my ETL's about a team lead position in the future to which I said I was very much interested in. My GSTL has been the one pushing me and putting my name out there so I owe most of this to him. He recently became the Cafe team lead and has offered to train me into that position as he will leave it open once he moves over to flow team lead. I don't like Cafe and I have never even worked there but I don't want to turn him down so my only question is would being Cafe team lead be worth it? Or should I wait until a different TL position opens.

If you want to move up, then take the opportunity. FATL is pretty much now a stepping stone to being a GSTL.

A lot of stores have combined FATL duties to one GSTL. Other stores have a dedicated FATL who is in charge of ordering, inventory, maintenance, training, and possibly scheduling. FATLs may also be part time GSTL.

Our FATL acts as SBTL and GSTL when needed so you might get the opportunity to branch out a bit. Who knows when you will get the chance to move up again so if you really want a TL position I would take it. If another TL position opens up that you want more being a good FATL might help your chances of switching over to a different TL position.

I order supplies, in charge of inventory every quarter, stay on top of training for the team, as well as create the schedule every week. It's a lot to do with such little coverage, but if you can handle it your leadership team will really appreciate it.

Ideally I would have liked to be a GSTL or maybe GSA but I wouldn't mind being in cafe. If it's actually a stepping stone to being GSTL then even better. Thanks for the feedback

I hate to be the negative one here, but ASANTS... our Food Avenue is a black hole for TL's. The only way out of there is to quit or get fired. We are a high volume store though; many lower volumes are combining FATL and GSTL positions.

it all depends on the store. a tl is a tl. it might not be your preferred deptartment but a store can't have unlimited tl spots. you could move departments once the other locations open up. you'll have to know the store and see if a position is a black hole. but i'd rather take the bird in the hand than look for the dept you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back