Archived Cashier training?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was hired on last month on the Flow team. Well today our TL was talking to our HR about who needed cashier training. My name was brought up. Now the question Is do I have to be cashier down the line If I was hired on the Flow team? Do I have a choice? I would like to be cross trained In the backroom when that time comes not cashier. thanks.

Pretty much everyone gets trained on the registers so they can jump on a lane when it's busy. It doesn't mean you will necessarily be schedule cashier shifts, and you can still be cross trained in the BR.
The more work centers you learn, the better.

If you want more hours, get cross trained in all areas.
I realize that getting cross trained In cashier would give me more hours. I hate cashier lol. My question Is since I was hired on as Flow would they give me a choice to do cashier or not?

I realize that getting cross trained In cashier would give me more hours. I hate cashier lol. My question Is since I was hired on as Flow would they give me a choice to do cashier or not?
Do get training done. Front end will notice if you are not guest friendly to do it. It looks good for the training meter for you.

In my store everyone is cross trained as a cashier with the exception of those who have physical or mental limitations that would prevent them from it. Everyone is expected to backup the front end and we have at minimum 2 people specifically listed to back up for each hour of the day and during the peak hour everyone is expected to respond to back up calls with the exception of the Fitting Room/Operator and electronics.

Almost everyone gets crosstrained as cashier as you will be expected to hop on when the GSA/GSTL calls on the walky for help.
Be careful if your store tries to make you cashier after training hoping you'd be submissive and not question it.

Last edited:
It sounds like your store is one of the ones that requires EVERYBODY to be cashier-trained...just in case. If your TL and HR were making a list of Flow TMs who haven't been cashier trained, then you might as well suck it up and get trained like everyone else.

I wouldn't worry about being scheduled cashier shifts, and you may not ever have to back up either.

I heard for black friday 2013 at my store, all of the flow TMs were cashier trained so they had something to do to help out.

Our DTL requires 90% of all store team members to be cashier trained. At my store, just to be safe, our STL requires 100%. Cashier training is usually done for every single team member (with the exception of AP, of course) within the first few days of employment. They give everyone two or three cashier shifts before sending them off to their respective workcenters. It's kind of silly especially when many of the trained team members, like those in logistics, will *never* cashier again outside of their training days.

It's mandatory at my store. I don't know any flow team members who even do back up. I have never done back up since I started. I'm fortunate enough to be in an area that is so understaffed that I often cannot even leave it.

Not really. Cashier basics is part of every learning plan no matter the workcenter.

Everyone at my store gets it even the people who absolutely never have to use it.

I love it when they send a noob cashier over to FA for a 4 hour crash course. LULZ.

Now they are "trained!" ;)

In my store everyone is cross trained as a cashier with the exception of those who have physical or mental limitations that would prevent them from it. Everyone is expected to backup the front end and we have at minimum 2 people specifically listed to back up for each hour of the day and during the peak hour everyone is expected to respond to back up calls with the exception of the Fitting Room/Operator and electronics.
With the exception of those who have physical or mental limitations? If that were the case at my store, we'd only have three trained cashiers and I would be two of them.

OK, just kidding. There would be at least five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back