Archived Cashiers: Do you fold clothes at the register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do a little fold, and then I drink a little water! I hate the pajama sets where you have to take the whole thing apart to fold them.

Pajama sets go home with the hangers in my lane. No time to fight with the hangers! Just kind of wrap the limbs of the pjs around the hanger, and in the bag it goes. Next guest, please!

Pajama sets go home with the hangers in my lane. No time to fight with the hangers! Just kind of wrap the limbs of the pjs around the hanger, and in the bag it goes. Next guest, please!
I have done that from time to time, but I did get pretty good at getting them apart quickly. I haven't been on the lanes for a full shift in quite some time so I'm rusty now.

I fast fold when I'm backup for cashier, but then I end up stuffing the clothes into a bag if there's not enough room and the guest doesn't want another bag (guests have to purchase bags). But ... if I'm ringing up the last guest in my line and they have clothes, I end up doing a better fold.

I always did because I felt it was a nice extra touch. wouldn't you like a cashier to put stuff neatly in your bag?

Before I worked at Target I distinctly remember being a bit appalled when cashiers would dump clothes in tbe bag. I'd never ask for it to be folded but it left an impression. Now when I ring up clothes I do a quick fold into a pile on the counter and slide it all in a bag. It really doesn't take much more time and I think it shows Target cares about their purchase.
But doesn't Spot really care about their purchase?

I fast fold most clothes, and for nicer Men's stuff (pressed shirts, slacks with creases) I'll fold them properly. We live adjacent to some nicer old white people towns and a fast fold saves me so much complaining. I've been telling my new cashiers: you don't have to put a lot of effort into it, you just need to make it seem like you care. (Getting my cashiers to even SEEM like they care about anything is another battle entirely.)

I fast fold most clothes, and for nicer Men's stuff (pressed shirts, slacks with creases) I'll fold them properly. We live adjacent to some nicer old white people towns and a fast fold saves me so much complaining. I've been telling my new cashiers: you don't have to put a lot of effort into it, you just need to make it seem like you care. (Getting my cashiers to even SEEM like they care about anything is another battle entirely.)

Yeah for the service snobs (the one who complain on yelp if you don't make them feel important)

It goes a long way to pretend you matter to them.

I remove the hangers and then quickly fold the clothes in half. If the guests want to keep the hangers, I just put them in the bag on top. Sometimes the guests really don't care, so they'll say that it's fine to just toss it in the bag, so I put a little less effort into folding it. Two seconds of effort is definitely not worth a bad survey review.

Two seconds?

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back