Cat and Jack returns

These Cat and Jack returns are out of hand. Target really needs to draw a line in the sand with this one, I think. We have tons of women coming into the store with bags of old clothing and sometimes a receipt and sometimes not because the policy is not explicit. Today I had one that said "I heard about it on the internet and you don't need a receipt". When you have a line at GS, dealing with this very time consuming process of finding and typing in the DPCI numbers is beyond irritating.

Thanks to Target the once explicit return policy of “If it’s defective within a year return it with a receipt“ has turned into every stupid Tik Tok nightmare of ”I’m gonna rent my kids’ clothes six months to a year at a time for free.”
Not my money. Until the Big Brains at HQ modifies the policy who cares?

Thanks to Target the once explicit return policy of “If it’s defective within a year return it with a receipt“ has turned into every stupid Tik Tok nightmare of ”I’m gonna rent my kids’ clothes six months to a year at a time for free.”
When will tm's realize that every time they think it's not their money, it IS their money? How do you think you get paid and are offered reasonably priced benefits?

Can think of a couple reasons to care if you're a TM working the desk. Those bs returns tie up a worker for a long time, meaning other guests don't get the service they should be getting. Also, people don't like being scammed or unfairly taken advantage of, even when it's not coming directly out of their pockets. It's dehumanizing, especially when it's so blatant.

The return policy states "with receipt", does it not? It's on your DTL or STL whether they want to follow the limits of the policy or give in to the demands of the General Public

The policy is specifically this:

Target Owned Brand items: If you’re not satisfied with any Target Owned Brand item, return it within one year with a receipt for an exchange or a refund.

There is an exception though that personalized items cannot be returned. I could argue that a used item is personalized.

With receipt...that includes receipts on the Target app, correct?

One time a woman asked me if it's true that the return policy is one year for Target branded clothing and I told her yes. She then turns to her husband and says "that means we can return clothes when our kid grows out of them and get the next size up".

No, that's not what it means 🤦‍♂️

One time a woman asked me if it's true that the return policy is one year for Target branded clothing and I told her yes. She then turns to her husband and says "that means we can return clothes when our kid grows out of them and get the next size up".

No, that's not what it means 🤦‍♂️
But that's pretty much what the policy says: "If you're not satisfied."

I don't care if they get hit with thousands of dollars a day, but for the love of all that is good in the world, please Guest Services, take that crap back damaged and put in Salvage, NOT Style reshop!

It keeps getting worse every week in our store. We average $500+ of these most days sometimes $300+ from each person.

It's really gotten out of hand lately. Every day we're taking back hundreds of dollars worth of this stuff. They come in with trash bags packed full of outgrown (not damaged) clothes, no tags, no receipts, no organization using the app or anything else, tying up a team member for sometimes more than 30 minutes. How can this be a sustainable business practice, to just let people buy clothes for their kid one time and be set forever?

It's really gotten out of hand lately. Every day we're taking back hundreds of dollars worth of this stuff. They come in with trash bags packed full of outgrown (not damaged) clothes, no tags, no receipts, no organization using the app or anything else, tying up a team member for sometimes more than 30 minutes. How can this be a sustainable business practice, to just let people buy clothes for their kid one time and be set forever?

We require a receipt. You should too.

We require a receipt. You should too.
We do too but app is considered a valid receipt and we have families that regularly buy $300-$500+ wardrobes for each person in their family and then 2-6 months later return for new things. Not that everyone does this but there are dozens of families now that average more than a thousand in clothing that they buy, wear for a few months and then repeat at least once a season. People buy bikes on their redcards in late May and then return them in September and the next year do it again. They buy hundreds of dollars in makeup and then fill the bottles with who knows what and then use the refund to buy again. Target is becoming the use for 3-12 month rent a center and get your full deposit back shop.

Back when we sold those large above-ground pools a lady apparently bought one at the beginning of summer before returning it at summer's end (just days shy of 90). She still had her receipt & a soggy mess on on a flat. She said it had a leak but it looked like someone had taken a blade to the bottom.
She knew there weren't any more since they'd been clearanced out so she got a full refund.

We do too but app is considered a valid receipt and we have families that regularly buy $300-$500+ wardrobes for each person in their family and then 2-6 months later return for new things. Not that everyone does this but there are dozens of families now that average more than a thousand in clothing that they buy, wear for a few months and then repeat at least once a season. People buy bikes on their redcards in late May and then return them in September and the next year do it again. They buy hundreds of dollars in makeup and then fill the bottles with who knows what and then use the refund to buy again. Target is becoming the use for 3-12 month rent a center and get your full deposit back shop.

Yeah we get that too. I also hate it LOL. No one said you have to make these returns quick and easy though.

Where does it say this exactly...that we can on the spot show the guest?
Without a receipt there is no proof that the return is within the 1 year limit. They still bitch and moan so loudly about insisting on getting store credit and bringing in different family members once they reach the return without receipt limit.

Back