CCA question

Hi,
I have a question about if I will be termed because I already got placed on final cca for anger outburst/frustration/ profanity on the floor and I will be written up again because of asking a inappropriate question to a male guest with a small child because of the obsessive compulsive disorder that I have and I have high functioning autism with mental health issues and problems and I am taking medication and going to therapy but It has been a struggle and challenge . I am afraid of termination. In the worst case I get termed. Can I see if I can appeal it to the store director…. I am considered a check out advocate…. I already placed on a one year probation…. The se tl and se etl has to get with the Human Resources etl to possibly talk to the Human Resources bp to see what is the next course of action and I do not know what will happen?

Hi,

You asked this in another thread here.
I understand that you might be hoping for more responses by posting it twice but it really doesn't work that way.
You will get the same number of responses and just annoy those of us who have to keep track of this stuff.
It will be easier for you and everybody else if you just have one thread for this, I promise.

I don't think check out advocate was exactly the best role for you. Not alot you can do now you're on a final. I would see if your HRBP has options for you but I know when I was on a final it was Iike pulling teeth to get the okay for my transfer because I had to prove it was affecting my mentality. You have options on a final but it's up tothe HRBP what they are.

Spot is an extremely frustrating company for neurodivergent people as they hire managers with little empthy or willfulness to learna dn adapt to our unique needs. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Listrn to commie and lucid they have you set on the right path to address this to your HR. They should be accomodatinf your situation not setting you up like this. Yet another typical spot behavior. No matter the outcome this wasnt your fault but a fsilure of management and the company to actually go theough with their so called policies

Spot is an extremely frustrating company for neurodivergent people as they hire managers with little empthy or willfulness to learna dn adapt to our unique needs. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Listrn to commie and lucid they have you set on the right path to address this to your HR. They should be accomodatinf your situation not setting you up like this. Yet another typical spot behavior. No matter the outcome this wasnt your fault but a fsilure of management and the company to actually go theough with their so called policies
So much for Target‘s policy of diversity and inclusion.

…. OP says they repeatedly used profanity , displayed anger on the floor and admittedly asked inappropriate questions from someone with a child…. I sympathize with OP , however short of giving this person a free pass to behave however, whenever, wherever what exactly are options?
have OP in the backroom? Where they can display same behavior towards other TMs? I have heard a saying before that Target/retail is not for everybody, in this case it rings true…

I apologize in advance for expressing my opinion.

…. OP says they repeatedly used profanity , displayed anger on the floor and admittedly asked inappropriate questions from someone with a child…. I sympathize with OP , however short of giving this person a free pass to behave however, whenever, wherever what exactly are options?
have OP in the backroom? Where they can display same behavior towards other TMs? I have heard a saying before that Target/retail is not for everybody, in this case it rings true…

Love you . Exactly my thought. Accommodations to a point but when you ask inappropriate questions and use profanity that has nothing to do with what op is dealing .

You're not wrong. Based on nature of stressors, the anger may not show, or be at a manageable level. But I can't wrap my head around OCD causing the speaking of inappropriate questions about a child within earshot of the guest.

People gotta eat, but people need to work a job that fits. This sounds like a situation where a job coach and therapy for social role-play is desperately needed, along with an understanding that it's a two way street, people will accommodate, but you keep your mouth zipped when there's an impulse to ask creepy kid questions.

While some of this is true, there is some responsibility for the employee as well, which would include communication about how accommodations are working or not. Employers are required to provide reasonable accommodation only for the physical or mental limitations of a qualified individual with a disability of which they are aware. Generally, it is the responsibility of the employee to inform the employer that an accommodation is needed. If OP accepted and agreed to a position as a checkout advocate and found that this was not an appropriate job for them they have the responsibility to let their supervisor know and to ask for reasonable accommodation and to let them know if the accommodation provided is or is not reasonable. I do not know what sort of accommodation for guest interface could be as this is neither predictable or preventable. The OP may be better off as a CA or working with OPU, SFS where there are fewer and/or shorter interactions with guests. This is not totally a failure on Target's part. OP has not said whether or not the disability was disclosed nor whether or not they have had discussions with leadership about accommodations. As an aside, it is never fair to assume that all managers have specific traits with regard to their empathy or willingness to adapt and that the lack of these traits are something that Target looks for when hiring. You know that's just not true and that type of sweeping statement is not right.

Back