Service & Engagement CCA Question

Hi,
I have a question about if I will be termed because I already got placed on final cca for anger outburst/frustration/ profanity on the floor and I will be written up again because of asking a inappropriate question to a male guest with a small child because of the obsessive compulsive disorder that I have and I have high functioning autism with mental health issues and problems and I am taking medication and going to therapy but It has been a struggle and challenge . I am afraid of termination. In the worst case I get termed. Can I see if I can appeal it to the store director…. I am considered a check out advocate…. I already placed on a one year probation…. The se tl and se etl has to get with the Human Resources etl to possibly talk to the Human Resources bp to see what is the next course of action and I do not know what will happen?

Hi,
I have a question about if I will be termed because I already got placed on final cca for anger outburst/frustration/ profanity on the floor and I will be written up again because of asking a inappropriate question to a male guest with a small child because of the obsessive compulsive disorder that I have and I have high functioning autism with mental health issues and problems and I am taking medication and going to therapy but It has been a struggle and challenge . I am afraid of termination. In the worst case I get termed. Can I see if I can appeal it to the store director…. I am considered a check out advocate…. I already placed on a one year probation…. The se tl and se etl has to get with the Human Resources etl to possibly talk to the Human Resources bp to see what is the next course of action and I do not know what will happen?

Had you talked to the HR Director about getting Reasonable Accommodations prior to the second episode?
Did you disclose the reasons for your outbursts to the management ahead of them happening?
It seems like they are setting you up to fail by putting you in a position that is almost garunteed to create this kind of situation.

I did but I do not know what will happen because of the final write up and the one year probation again….

I did but I do not know what will happen because of the final write up and the one year probation again….

What accommodations did they offer or did you ask for?
Did they come through with those accommodations?
Like I said, it really seems like the position they had you in was designed to make the situation worse.
If almost like they were setting you up for an opportunity to get rid of you.

This website might be helpful to you. It describes the obligations of the employer and will explain your rights. The ADA: Your Responsibilities as an Employer | U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - https://www.eeoc.gov/publications/ada-your-responsibilities-employer

Depending on the overall situation, if you have the ADA already in place, they should be able to make accommodations for you in another work center. Again, this depends on multiple other factors that the HR BP would likely have to look over to determine the final decision. We're hearing your side, so we can give our best advice to you so that you can protect/defend yourself if necessary. However, depending on what the store has logged and the severity of the situations, it might not be the outcome you're hoping for. I hope they can work with you and find an area in the store where you can thrive.

Back