Archived Cellphone bill discount? - How does it work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super

I can haz pda?
Hello, I would like to get some information on how the cellphone bill discount works exactly. Like what the terms are and what it doesn't work for etc

With AT&T at the moment

I think it's a 21% discount for AT&T. I'm not sure the percent but you need to call service provider so they can put it on, so AT&T customer service. :)

Hmm :) Thanks and I have a question would it still work If I'm on a family plan? (Sorry for the questions)

Last edited:
I have Verizon, so maybe AT&T is different, but afaik the plan has to be in your name to do it, and you can just take paystubs into your local store instead of calling.

I got mine under someone else's plan with no problems, but Target mobile did mine when I did my upgrade. :)

I have Verizon, so maybe AT&T is different, but afaik the plan has to be in your name to do it, and you can just take paystubs into your local store instead of calling.

Im on verizon too, I took in my pay stubs and they said we have to fill out a form from our HR (EHR has a link to it, its electronic) in order to get it applied. not sure if it works this way on other carriers too

With AT&T, the plan has to be in your name & only YOUR phone will get the discount (21% off the primary line) but still a pretty good deal.
And, yeh, you can show 'em paystubs.

Aww well...I guess I'll pass on that then lol too afraid to leave the family plan (I'll lose grandfathered unlimited data) so I guess I'll just pay my portion of it

Thanks for all the help and answers :)

It doesn't have to be in your name, go through EHR and go to the discounts website, follow it to the ATT discount and follow instructions to log in. It will get your information to get the discount on your plan. Recently I got a divorce and had my phone through my parents plan, in their name and they bought the phone for me, I went through the website and got the discount on their plan. I have my own now and have it through my plan in my name, again by going through the site. Now whether it canceled their discount or not I do not know haven't really thought to ask.

I'm with ATT, and in order to get the discount would I have to walk into the ATT store? Or could I chat with one of their reps online and request for a discount then? I tried looking for the mobile discount on ehr but I couldn't find it. Thanks!

I'm with ATT, and in order to get the discount would I have to walk into the ATT store? Or could I chat with one of their reps online and request for a discount then? I tried looking for the mobile discount on ehr but I couldn't find it. Thanks!

JK I found it! Haha..DUH

You just have to click the link from that discount page linked on ehr if you do it online. You don't need to enter an ID number or anything. I just had to click the link and there was a link (on both AT&T and T-mobile... didn't look into any others) to add the discount to an account you already have.

Target website> Team member services > eHr > Discounts and Benefits section > My discounts and perks > My Discounts > Check out the "My Discounts Web Site" > Category > Services > Wireless Services > Find your company

Hope this helps :)

It seems for me since I'm with AT&T I'm gonna have to go in-store at one of their locations because it wants a work e-mail...which I don't have but I also don't have a TM ID badge yet either to show them either for in-store :/

For me I was able to add the Target discount online. After going to my discounts website go to services then click on wireless..a bunch of links for different carriers will show up and what type of discount, just click on the one that says AT&T then a new web page will pop up taking you to AT&T Premier..just need your AT&T account number and other personal info and in a matter of a few minutes you should be enrolled..it was pretty easy. :nah:

With AT&T, the plan has to be in your name & only YOUR phone will get the discount (21% off the primary line) but still a pretty good deal.
And, yeh, you can show 'em paystubs.

.....21% off the primary line and the base plan only. The discount is not included on the messages or data. It's mega janky, but saves me 10 bucks a month.

I'll break down my bill:
~ Primary number base plan is 50
~ Add an additional line for 10
~ Unlimited texts on both lines for 30
~ Data on EACH line is 25 for a total of 50
~ Taxes and fees....My total bill is 155

I get 21% off of the 49.99 only. Like I said, it only saves 10 bucks a month but I guess that is better than a stick in the eye.

Im on verizon too, I took in my pay stubs and they said we have to fill out a form from our HR (EHR has a link to it, its electronic) in order to get it applied. not sure if it works this way on other carriers too

This is how it was done back when I did my original discount with Verizon. There should be a link in the employee discounts spot on the Target login... once there if you log into your Verizon wireless website (or w/e carrier) there should be a way to do it that way. I know you can also take things to the store to have it done, but for me the online was really fast.... And the nice thing is.. I left Target back in September of 2011 and my Target discount is still on my Verizon account :)...

I got an email from Verizon a few weeks ago asking me to re verify my employment, all I had to do was include a screen shot of a recent paystub with the date on it and submit it in an online form

This is how it was done back when I did my original discount with Verizon. There should be a link in the employee discounts spot on the Target login... once there if you log into your Verizon wireless website (or w/e carrier) there should be a way to do it that way. I know you can also take things to the store to have it done, but for me the online was really fast.... And the nice thing is.. I left Target back in September of 2011 and my Target discount is still on my Verizon account :)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back