Archived Change.org Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably should send one to Wal-mart and all the other retailers. Competition is competition

First off, online petitions are useless. All they involve is writing a name and an email address. Easily faked and anyone presented with one of these knows it.

Second, I am not putting my name on in writing on something that says I disagree with a decision my employer has made.

I signed the thing, mostly because I felt like I had to make some kind of protest, even if it was meaningless. Far as worrying about what Target might do to me about it, Im a little bit past giving a rip.

I signed it, too....and got a few friends to sign as well. Any little amount of protest I can give for this Black Thursday stuff....I'll do it.

Hey, Walmart employees in several states are planning to go on S on BF.

I signed as well.
It doesn't mean much but I like to think that at some point there will be a tipping point where Spot will start paying attention.
It probably won't be this petition but it might be a start.

I'll admit that I've told a few guests about the petition....but only after they've already complained to me about opening on Thursday.
Also, have mentioned to those guests, if they get a guest satisfaction survey, to go to fill the survey out and add their comments.

Don't know if any guest has signed the petition.....and won't know about the surveys until they put up guest comments.

Only way to prevent stores from opening easy is not to shop at those times. Whos holding a gun to your head telling you to cut diinner early and go out and shop? you complain, and yet you choose to shop anyway...

For the workers side, I understand why some are upset, but this is retial, and whos cto say you cant have the weekend off and spend time with them then? or plan something for the summer. I know people are buy and such, but if you have a voice and a brain, you could easy plan something

Signatures were just delivered to Target HQ in Minneapolis. Some exec in a fancy suit came downstairs for a minute to grab them. Spouted some BS that Target cares deeply about team members. Also, he said that all TM's were asked if they wanted to work on Thanksgiving. I, personally, was not asked, nor were any of the friends I have talked to at stores in four different states across the country. In fact, I was told that we are not allowed to switch shifts because ETL's put a lot of time and effort into constructing the schedule.

Signatures were just delivered to Target HQ in Minneapolis. Some exec in a fancy suit came downstairs for a minute to grab them. Spouted some BS that Target cares deeply about team members. Also, he said that all TM's were asked if they wanted to work on Thanksgiving. I, personally, was not asked, nor were any of the friends I have talked to at stores in four different states across the country. In fact, I was told that we are not allowed to switch shifts because ETL's put a lot of time and effort into constructing the schedule.

I read somewhere that they asked the STL's about it and they where suppose to communicate with the Team Members. LMAO like the STL's did anything but say yes that sounds like a great store opening time!

My STL and ETL-HR went around to all of the Team Members and Team Leads and asked if they were ok with what they were scheduled for Black Friday (Thursday for some of us).

welcome to the breakroom!
i saw your story in the usa today. do you know if anyone ask the exec if he was working on thursday?

welcome to the breakroom!
i saw your story in the usa today. do you know if anyone ask the exec if he was working on thursday?

Like he would have answered.
Willing to bet not only does he have Thursday off but he has Friday as well.

I sure as hell wasn't asked. In fact, I did ask for some consideration, but not being part of the HRTM'S posse, was dismissed.

I signed, because it is a bit ridiculous to be opening on Thanksgiving.
But, it won't change anything. At all. Petitions only work when the opposing force is open to actually looking into the demands that the petition makes. Target is obviously not going to change it's opening hours after it's spent millions on printing ads and all it's marketing.

I got an email by them asking for my signature but I didn't sign it since I don't really mind working on Thursday.

My store has /had two sign-up sheets for the holidays.....one sheet was to VOLUNTEER to work on Thanksgiving. I did not sign-up on this sheet.....however, I am scheduled to go in on Thursday at 8:45pm. So much for volunteering!

The other sign-up sheet is to list what hours you'd be willing to work on Christmas Eve. I haven't signed-up on this either. Who knows what shift I'll get then!

Thanks so much for the information.
Will they also end up giving headquarters a full count on the numbers of total signatures.....meaning the signatures that are counted after this was handed in?

Last year at my store, I understand that we had team members from Minneapolis working. I did get this info from an LOD last year, so I do trust that this was not a rumor.
My guess is that they were here (at my store) because they were in the area visiting family. I kind of wish that we had been told of the TMs from Mnpls so that we really could see that some execs were working like the rest of us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back