Archived Changes to Vacation/Personal Hours Accrural Document Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I just went to check my SPD's online for my benefits coverage when I saw the policy for vacation and personal hours posted as well. Low and behold I took a look at it and it states "For store Team Members who average 32 or more hours per week," in order to build personal time. I've never accrued it. So, I just checked my last pay statement, and it was there and it looks like it just started accruing on my last pay stub. Anyone aware of a recent policy change? I average between 32 - 40 hours a week. Am I owed back time in some way that should have accrued? I've been with the company several years in the 32 - 40 hour per week average.

Thanks for any info.

Exact same thing happened to me... out of the blue on this weeks pay statement i started to accrue PH. 0.59 hours for the first time in 3 years. I've been averaging 40 hours for 2 years now, but I'm just a TM. No clue as to what the reasoning behind this is/was. Glad to finally be accruing it, but it did happen out of the blue.

Exact same thing happened to me... out of the blue on this weeks pay statement i started to accrue PH. 0.59 hours for the first time in 3 years. I've been averaging 40 hours for 2 years now, but I'm just a TM. No clue as to what the reasoning behind this is/was. Glad to finally be accruing it, but it did happen out of the blue.

I don't know what official policy is on this, but I didn't start accruing PH until I had worked for target (as a TM)for a long time. I had avg. 32 or more for quite a while before I starting earning them. Maybe it has to do with how many hours you've worked for the company or length of time? I wouldn't be surprised if it is some weird algorithm Target as come up with either. I have no clue. I don't think the OP is owed hours or anything though.

this has happened to me before. it has to be that specific number on the average hours listing on your paycheck. if you worked for a while at like say around 3-4 days a week and then bumped it up to 4/5+ it averages in that whole time. not just the current week's hours. so any extended period with less hours will affect you even after you average goes up.

I worked for Target for 9 years almost always 32+ hours a week, and I didn't get PH hours my last year of service. Around maybe 4 hrs when I left.

I've been at Target for just under 3 years, and I've been accruing PH for about a year, I think.

Of course, now that I've FINALLY hit the "magic number", I get scheduled for a 20 hour week, which will probably drop me back down below it :mad: Although, I'm betting "someone" calls in that week so I'm hoping to pick up at least a few hours ;)

With my store I started to accrue hours after being there for six months....right after I was able to apply for health insurance.

Check w/ either your HR or call TMSC......laws may vary from state to state.

I'm not sure when I started getting personal time, but I feel like it was shortly after I signed up for the 401(k) plan (about 2 years after I started). All I know is that it doesn't add up real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back