Archived Chicago Localization Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meli4Target

Executive Team Leader- Human Resources
I live in the Chicago area, dont want to give out too much information without blowing my cover, lol! & there is this reset called Chicago localization. Essentially, target is bringing in a lot of local products into market in order to drive sales, since sales in grocery we a flat 0%.

With that being said, pretty much everything in Market is resetting, Produce, Meat, Deli, Dairy, Frozen, Dry, etc. Was wondering if there is anyone out there who's in the same region and going through this reset? So far its been easy, my team & I finished this weeks workload and are starting the beverage aisles tonight.

*Also, in the transition manual they said there was going to be pogs that wont show up on TWT but you are still responsible for getting them set? how does that even work? That part threw me off.. Also if anyone wants to let me know how your market set is going, I'd love to hear what worked, didn't, etc. Thanks! :)

Almost half way through, our is going pretty smooth. Just a few minor snags. The worst part is the confusion for the guests right now...

In spite of a horrendous lack of communication and miscommunication from management, ours is going fairly well right now and we've just wrapped up the first half of market.
Thanks to leadership's snafus though, no one's specifically assigned to restock the shelves next week after the POGs have been set and POG team leaves for the day.

Last edited:
Reset at my store has gone really well. Few schematic issues, some vendor product not in store yet that's about it.

I live in the South Eastern of Wisc. Area. I wonder if this will be happening to our area?

I live nowhere near Chicago and there is a product that is very local and specific to my area located in a freezer endcap.

I haven't noticed any other local products or heard about a reset in Pfresh though.

giphy.gif

I think this is probably a test for what they are wanting to rollout chain wide. We are supposed to see big changes in grocery during 2016. A shift towards locally sourced foods is what I've heard rumors about. This kind of seems to be an experiment with locally sourced items.

We used to have whole frozen cheesesteaks. Nobody bought them because they were 7 bucks for two small ones when you can get a fresh one at any corner store or deli for the same price. Other than that you could plop our market anywhere else and couldn't tell the difference. We also sell Amoroso rolls and Tastykakes, but that is more vendor than anything.

We used to have whole frozen cheesesteaks. Nobody bought them because they were 7 bucks for two small ones when you can get a fresh one at any corner store or deli for the same price. Other than that you could plop our market anywhere else and couldn't tell the difference. We also sell Amoroso rolls and Tastykakes, but that is more vendor than anything.

I'm like 98.9% sure you're in my district lol.

I want to say that our milk is localized like extremely localized but I can't describe how it's extremely localized without practically giving my store away.

I'm sure you know what milk I'm talking about daninnj!

I think most stores had a Bev/PFRESH transition. Ours is 90% complete...but there was really nothing special to it. Stuff went CLR, new stuff came in. Few things moved around. Nothing really out of the ordinary.

Oh great.. Local things. Blue Bell ice cream is made literally down the street from here and I'm pretty sure they just tried to kill everyone.

Jokes aside but I think it's a pretty cool idea. I know there's a lot of apiaries around here so I wonder if they'll try any other products like HBA or candles since that's a lot of what gets made around here.

Took them long enough to initiate something like this. This is very popular in the northwest so I suspect it would be an easy transition over here since Freddy's and Safeway are more than able to do this at the same price from before. They're margin is probably smaller but they can probably leverage purchasing power if they buy in bulk.

I would be nice if they could do it with produce.
Do you know how many time I had to listen to people bitch about buying Target selling produce from clear across the country when it was growing in farms a few miles away from the store?
Seriously not all of New Jersey is processing plants and strip malls.
If Target could set up a deal to sell local produce it would go a long way towards making them look good, probably make a better profit and the produce would be better.

Our town is huge on locally-grown produce, so much so that many restaurants tout the benefits.
But our store produce comes from Cali or overseas.

Yep.... My store is part of the Chicago localization reset too. We just finished our first week of overnights and it went really well! We're on overnights again next week to finish up. For the pogs that don't show up on TWT... I'm not sure, but is that for the pogs where you are having to re-use the old label strips? We have some where for example the pog is shifting down 4 feet, but they don't send new label strips... We just use the old ones.

I wish something like this would happen near me. With all this northeastern consumerism, why not throw in a little more local flavor?

Some of our products come from down the road, but still go to the DC 300 miles away.

I remember sitting down with my STL, and partner PA to come up with a list of local items the 3 of us thought we should all carry for some corporate survey, this was probably about 8 months ago.

We have many signs in our department that are proud of selling local produce. We don't sell local produce. In fact, we've had several items that are supposed to be shipped to store from a local vendor but they never show up. Ever. It's a guaranteed cut from our order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back