Archived Christmas card to Gregg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have time to compare it all, but some rough numbers from FY2011:

Costco: Revenues of 88.9 billion, earnings/share was $3.97
Target: Revenues of 69.8 billion, earnings/share was $4.28

So Costco MAKES more than Target in revenues. I didn't look for profit figures. But the bottom line is that Costco can probably afford to spend more on health care given that they have LESS employees and almost $20 billion dollars more in revenue. However, as an investor, Target looks like a better place to park my money as it has a higher EPS figure.

As an investor, Target looks like ****. Poor purchasing decisions, bloated "profits" that are mostly just tricky book work. Anyone can make it seem like they're making a profit. Long term however, we're going to sink faster than the Bismarck.

PM if you really want details and are willing to bribe me with 20k to **** off.

I'm not wasting my time to PM you. If I had the $20,000 to give I surely would do so.....however, I don't think that you'd keep your promise to leave here forever.

So Costco MAKES more than Target in revenues. I didn't look for profit figures. But the bottom line is that Costco can probably afford to spend more on health care given that they have LESS employees and almost $20 billion dollars more in revenue. However, as an investor, Target looks like a better place to park my money as it has a higher EPS figure.

Still doesn't answer the question of how Spot chooses to spend the spare money it does have.

Of course they make more in revenues. They invest in their employees who then do far more than the bare minimum that 12 hours a week, poor pay and poor benefits gets you. Just imagine the money Target spends every year on turn over. That is a cost that Costco does not have with loyal full time employess who want the company to thrive. Target on the other hand it is one mistep after another with the results cutting hours and service in the stores to hide the failures at HQ.

At my store they put up a sign up list where you could volunteer to work Christmas Eve if you wanted to. I didnt sign up to work that evening so I got off at noon Christmas Eve which was great! . My question is, why didnt they do that for Thanksgiving too? Then the TM's who have no family and didnt mind working could work and the people who wanted off could be off and just work later in the day friday instead of Thanksgiving night?
Dear Gregg,

I hope your Christmas is great. I'll be working in one of your stores until 9. Wanted to give you big ups on another Black Friday disaster. I really enjoyed how you ruined 350,000 employees Thanksgiving, including mine. Thought you would like to know, that I don't plan still working for you this time next year. If your head could be removed from your corporate ass, I may change my mind. Anyway, let me know how things are going.

Merry Christmas!!
SRTL-Hardlines (A,B, and CTL)

At my store they put up a sign up list where you could volunteer to work Christmas Eve if you wanted to. I didnt sign up to work that evening so I got off at noon Christmas Eve which was great! . My question is, why didnt they do that for Thanksgiving too? Then the TM's who have no family and didnt mind working could work and the people who wanted off could be off and just work later in the day friday instead of Thanksgiving night?

Some stores did that, other stores didn't. But Target went ahead and let it be known publicly that everyone who opened on Thanksgiving volunteered to do so. I made it quite known as much as I could in my own circles that that was a complete lie.

My point was, this company is wasting dollars at the expense of those of us who keep it afloat!!!!

Think about how much more you would pay if you dedicded NOT to pay for insurance. Office visits to Family Practice, Internists, or General Medicine runs over $100 on the average now.

Some stores did that, other stores didn't. But Target went ahead and let it be known publicly that everyone who opened on Thanksgiving volunteered to do so. I made it quite known as much as I could in my own circles that that was a complete lie.

Not trying to change the thread, but most of the people who opened on Red Thursday had no say in the scheduling... I know I did not, I was TOLD I was opening....

There's a big difference between not liking your and not being treated well (benefits, pay, or in any other way for that matter) Honestly, our entire country's big businesses and corporations need to improve how they treat their employees, so the idea that this problem will go away by joining another company is not realistic, it's a systemic problem in our country, which is why there has been a 99% movement going on.
If you don't like the job, quit and stop your *****ing. There are other jobs out there.

Think about how much more you would pay if you dedicded NOT to pay for insurance. Office visits to Family Practice, Internists, or General Medicine runs over $100 on the average now.

i think if i decided not to pay for insurance, it would be fine because i don't make enough to NOT qualify for assistance. oh, the conundrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back