Archived Christmas signing and fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone built the Premium wrapping paper bins/holders yet. i did yesterday and today. what a pain. pealing all the plastic wrap off the hard plastic sheets for make the container. the little red two piece screw that holds the plastic containers together are too small and it slips right thru to the next one. luckily i had some of the little clear snap ones that worked a whole lot better. but i mysupported it. not that, that will do any good. I also opened up several of the overhead boxes. a little better, less extensive than last year. still have Christmas trees to put together to hang, and, the fold open snowflakes like we had last year. . real strange received one box for JA assuming belongs over the boat, have no directions. just the cover page. but sets 10/23 my boat, is just as you walk in front doors. therefore, all of halloween still up there. hmm. did they think this one threw? 4 boxes alone for racetrack. first time since i have been there, no overheads in seasonal, and possibly mini also. yaaaaa.

Packed them up and put them away till the day after Halloween when we do the overnight.
I've got enough headaches doing the small appliance reset and the TV wall next week.
'I hate vacuum cleaners.'

From what I can tell though it does look like the Oh will be easier then the ribbons we had to do last year and at least they sent us both of the focals this year instead of forgetting and sending one late.

first time since i have been there, no overheads in seasonal, and possibly mini also. yaaaaa.
Those overheads may come next week on the signing pallets.

So far I have built the wrapping paper bins, which seemed like they took forever putting all the plastic bins together. Tomorrow I will start the overheads and maybe the focals depending on how much time I have. We started to get some of the display trees in but I will start those next week as well as the tons of softline Christmas signing.

There are to be no overheads in seasonal this year, but there will be over mini. I think it's odd myself, but the paperwork says they feel that things will represented enough inline within the department that nothing extra will be needed.

Finished taking apart all the signing for the overhead. Punching out all the extra pieces of material was a pain. There's only overheads in the front and power aisle and a bunch of clusters at the intersections of the store. Thank goodness its not snowflakes every other panel like last year. All that's left is building trees and a bunch of softlines next week.

Wrapping paper bins suck! I saw a guest completely notch over a stuffed one and walk off. Took us at least 30 to clean and retape those things.

Peeling the liner off all the plastic sheets made me want to kill myself. Especially since some of them were scratched anyways!

We are missing a section of shippers for our premium wrap aisle. We were sent a right, left and two centers, but need a third center. Anyone else have that problem? Anyone have any good solutions we could use instead?

I saw those overhead snowflakes! They look like they could really tear someone up if they fell. D:

We are missing a section of shippers for our premium wrap aisle. We were sent a right, left and two centers, but need a third center. Anyone else have that problem? Anyone have any good solutions we could use instead?

Simular problem here. We were sent three centers and no ends. I'll be mySupporting it tomorrow, should help to get a quicker shipping time on the replacements. As for an alternative, either cut open the tops of the boxes and place them on the basedeck or you can use the rug fixtures and place dividers in them for the different DPCI.

I would my support and see if they can rush ship it out. If not save the boxes the wrapping paper comes in and cut about half of it off and use it as a shipper. You can also use a C-rail and dividers to hold the wrapping paper in, similar to how they hold the yoga mats and lawn chairs in sporting goods.

I double checked when I saw your post just so I wouldn't be surprised on Tuesday.
Surprise, surprise, they shorted me too.
Hello my support.
Hope they get back to us faster then they did on the mini tree focals from last year.

ode to have time to actually check things in like we should. that was the good ole days. i only received one box, and it had 2 sections, i am thinking a right and left. needless to say they set it today. thank goodness i saved the wire ones from last year and we used that in the other 3 sections. my etl wants me to order them. ya, how many pieces and parts to have to type in, of course my packing list is MIA. i said we won't receive it. but please order it so we can speak to it when the dtl comes in. n so i will.

we used our wire ones from last year. they are two tier, and with the three sets we had to use, i think she said, when she set it, we weren't missing anything spots, since there were more holders that in the new cardboard ones.

Is it me or does spot want to make x-mas closer and closer? Can't we get through Halloween first lol

I could not believe it this a.m. when I went into the backroom and all of the fall and harvest type items that had been on endcaps were on a tub to be backstocked so they could make room for the Christmas holiday endcaps. WTF?!?!?! Wouldn't this be the best week of the year to try to sell this???? I'm on the instocks team and we have been busting our asses for the last 2 weeks to ensure that we weren't leaving any of the non-Halloween fall stuff in the back so we could maximize sales. Just stupid - and you simply can't fix that.

Bah! As usual, mySupport has been less than stellar with their response. They sai we would have to order them at store expense but that we "shouldn't" be charged as it is within the two week window for replacement parts. Thing is, the person who responded listed out all the parts that we should have been sent which added up to 16ft, except our POG calls out for 20FT!!!! Argh. Well, my TIPP order for this ran up for about $180, let's see how long it takes.

Bah! As usual, mySupport has been less than stellar with their response. They sai we would have to order them at store expense but that we "shouldn't" be charged as it is within the two week window for replacement parts. Thing is, the person who responded listed out all the parts that we should have been sent which added up to 16ft, except our POG calls out for 20FT!!!! Argh. Well, my TIPP order for this ran up for about $180, let's see how long it takes.
first of all, all of us need to mysupport this issue, so it can be classified as a global issue.

has anyone did their focals in seasonal yet? both are freestanding. even though one appears it is attached due to the type of cardboard fixtures that go around them, set on the floor on both ends just like the true freestanding one. i had to bend the one side of mine to make it work, as sft and myself spent all day with gon renovation in seasonal, and then to find that out. ouch.!!!!!

I could not believe it this a.m. when I went into the backroom and all of the fall and harvest type items that had been on endcaps were on a tub to be backstocked so they could make room for the Christmas holiday endcaps..

To be backstocked? That's really odd. We were told not to backstock any Halloween TO make room for Christmas. I'm guessing it's all going major clearance or getting dumped into a massive sweep.

has anyone did their focals in seasonal yet? both are freestanding. even though one appears it is attached due to the type of cardboard fixtures that go around them, set on the floor on both ends just like the true freestanding one. i had to bend the one side of mine to make it work, as sft and myself spent all day with gon renovation in seasonal, and then to find that out. ouch.!!!!!

There was a message about it on workbench today about this issue. They said they would be sending out a solution and not to set the focals until it arrives.

I could not believe it this a.m. when I went into the backroom and all of the fall and harvest type items that had been on endcaps were on a tub to be backstocked so they could make room for the Christmas holiday endcaps. WTF?!?!?! Wouldn't this be the best week of the year to try to sell this???? I'm on the instocks team and we have been busting our asses for the last 2 weeks to ensure that we weren't leaving any of the non-Halloween fall stuff in the back so we could maximize sales. Just stupid - and you simply can't fix that.
The race is on. Xmas set. We were losing big time. 1/2 of fall set isn't done yet per my other tl

Last edited:
To be backstocked? That's really odd. We were told not to backstock any Halloween TO make room for Christmas. I'm guessing it's all going major clearance or getting dumped into a massive sweep.
Not Halloween - fall and harvest. All of our Halloween has been out for a couple of weeks - except for candy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back