Cleaning and Disinfecting: is your store doing this?

I notice our store still receives hours for cleaning and disinfecting, and somebody is supposed to submit the daily C&D worksheet. I have seen very, very little cleaning. Carts - we have some spray and towels but cleaning isn't going on all the time. We don't have sprays and towels in our checkout lanes.

The cleaning routine we had one year ago was IMHO excessive. I'm just wondering if other Targets are avoiding cleaning, is this an ASANTS thing or has Corporate concluded that frequent deep cleaning really doesn't stop COVID transmission?

They don't seem to be cleaning the registers and SCO anymore at my store. They have a cart cleaner most days, but not open to close.

open to close cleaning coverage at my store, have to make sure someone is on cart duty at all times, checklist filled out every day...

We still have cart cleaners, and they also clean the hand baskets. The SCOs also get cleaned after each guest. Its been awhile since anyone has done the around the store cleaning though.

it was making sales and not exceeding payroll the last time it was around (2019??), then it became circle of excellence which is based on a whole bunch of other factors which sucks
Exactly, most of our Inbound / DBO TMs are scheduled 6 hour and work 12+ every day. Thus, if SD wants bonus no hours to spend on Cleaning. And yes, per Corporate yhose hours are "only to be used for CoVID measures"... you tell the SD that

Handful of new covid cases of team members and still no cleaning in store, only carts when customers is presents.

We've gone to a "maybe every other day" situation and have had several positive cases this month. One text was sent that said the tm had been at work that very day. I will admit to having been rather angry about that.. especially the part of the text about cleaning and disinfecting, which was not done that day or the next.

OMG we need to stop with the cleaning charade. Cleaning is not the problem. I'll say it a different way - CLEANING AIN'T DOING SHIT TO STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID.

You know what helps stop the spread of fucking Covid? Getting vaccinated AND WEARING FUCKING MASKS THE FUCKING RIGHT WAY, ALL THE FUCKING TIME. TMS AND GUESTS. It is what should be done and what needs to be done. If people don't like it, too fucking bad.

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT GET THIS?

No cleaning at our store and had to fight to get disinfecting wipes in fulfillment for our carts-even when someone just tested positive.

No cleaning at our store and had to fight to get disinfecting wipes in fulfillment for our carts-even when someone just tested positive.
I swear our team lead hid the cleaner because it takes too much time away from picking. I bought my own pack of wipes.

Back