Guest Services Cleaning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I bought a few pair of those plastic cleaning gloves my grandmother used to use to wash dishes. When I come home, I soak the pair in the sink with a little bleach. I was feeling bad about using the disposable gloves because of waste.

I closed the other night and all of the other team members left at 9 leaving me to clean the entire front end myself. I’m still cranky about it.
Do other stores have designated cleaners in other parts of the store like market?

We were a close at 10pm store before all this. We still schedule our closers to stay until 10 with the expectation that the last hour everyone does one last wipe down and spray with the disinfectant. The only ones to get out of this are the few Minors we have, and we still keep them until 9:30 to clean. Now is not the time to be frugal with payroll. Especially when it comes to cleaning.

For some reason we are still scheduling people up to the old close time- 11pm or midnight (Fri-Sat). We aren't actually cleaning. Cashiers are reshopping and help zone. OPU is working until 10 or 11pm. Sales floor are zoning and then pushing. Yes the store looks fuller and "cleaner" really just straighter but very little actual cleaning is being done after the store closes.

I do want to add that there are at least 2 dedicated cleaners during opening hours. One for the front end and one for the rest of the store.

Last edited:
I do want to add that there are at least 2 dedicated cleaners during opening hours. One for the front end and one for the rest of the store.
This part, yes. But I don’t get not cleaning after close. The only time we can use the TB Disinfectant is before the store or after it closes because it has to dwell for a minimum of three minutes. After close we just spray the crap out of everything and let it “dwell” till it dries. But that’s when we do big Ickes in the BR and ladders and a final cleaning off SFS/receiving/ all doors (freezer/cooler/BR/SF), and all restrooms get sprayed down.

Now since they’d can get all of that done by 9:30 wouldn’t it be great to have them knock out the active attack and shooter refresher course. I’ve had like 6 people in my store complete and HROC confirmed the due date hasn’t changed due to the pandemic.

For some reason we are still scheduling people up to the old close time- 11pm or midnight (Fri-Sat). We aren't actually cleaning. Cashiers are reshopping and help zone. OPU is working until 10 or 11pm. Sales floor are zoning and then pushing. Yes the store looks fuller and "cleaner" really just straighter but very little actual cleaning is being done after the store closes.

Yeah, we are supposed to spend the first hour cleaning and the last hour doing reshop and pushing.
I’ve brought up how irresponsible this is to my leaders and all I get is a shrug at worst or a sympathetic look but no promise of change at best.

This part, yes. But I don’t get not cleaning after close. The only time we can use the TB Disinfectant is before the store or after it closes because it has to dwell for a minimum of three minutes. After close we just spray the crap out of everything and let it “dwell” till it dries. But that’s when we do big Ickes in the BR and ladders and a final cleaning off SFS/receiving/ all doors (freezer/cooler/BR/SF), and all restrooms get sprayed down.
This is what I wish was happening at my store.