Archived Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times will an item get marked down while on clearance.

Also how would I know when something is going to be marked down before it happens.
AP related....sorta..

Depends on the area.
Softlines & domestics will go 30% first, then 50%, then 70% before going to salvage. Consumables usually goes 15%, 30%, 50% before the exp; sometimes they might go further.
PATL will get a list each day of depts, dpcis to be marked down. There are firsts, furthers & finals. Sometimes an item might come up for salvage but, if there's a chance it could be sold, an additional markdown could be taken but it's usually at the discretion of the PATL & the dept TL.
We had a PATM termed who was taking additional markdowns on items coming up salvage, stashing them & coming back to buy them.

Mostly on electronic items. Like I'm just trying to catch some shady business going on. I didn't know if it occurred like once a week. Once every other or what.

If I remember correctly, electronics starts at 15% as HLM said. Time frame for the next markdown is usually determined by how much product there is & how it moves (if at all) after a markdown. If there's lots & product isn't moving after the first md, the next may occur sooner (a week). If product moves quickly after the first md then slows, it may be a couple weeks before the next md.
Corp sends out md info according to what's being clearanced (firsts), whether certain product isn't moving out fast enough so another md is needed (furthers), what needs to be finished off (finals) & cleaning up loose ends (salvage). They also dictate the rate of md.
PricingMaster, et al would have the difinitive word on this.

I've never really dove into it but I bet there is probably some type of workload planning tool on workbench that would indicate when it goes down again. People staging clearance gets outta hand real quick.

I've seen electronics start at 10%. I've also seen coffee marked up 5%!. The red label had a little "-5" and the Now price was higher!

We've had alot of TV's recently go 5, 10 and 20 percent instead of the normal 15, 30, 50, 70. Unless it's seasonal merch it won't go past 70.

@dan I've seen that as well. -15% on some cake mix. Brought it to the PATL and she tried it again and it printed the same. We just let our GSTL know to manually mark it down since they actually do ring up the higher price.

I hate it when there's the -% on items - that's an immediate MySupport issue with my STL escalating it and getting in touch with my Group Pricing Leader so that she too can escalate it. Carts, if you are asking if there is a way to see the exact DPCI going clearance, you can look it up in the workload, but only 1 day in advance by going into the PDA and looking up next day's workload, and if it's still tied to a POG and aisle, then just look under that aisle. If you want to know when a certain department is going clearance, here's the listing:

Mondays: Boys/Girls, Infant/Toddler, Electronics, Entertainment

Tuesdays: RTW, Stationary/Holiday (sometimes some of Market and Beauty, but not often)

Wednesdays: Mens, Snacks/Beverages/Pets/Candy, Dry/Dairy/Frozen, Household/Paper/Baby, Healthcare

Thursdays: Intimates, Shoes, Sporting Goods, Housewares (kitchenware items), Decorative Home, Toys

Fridays: Jewelry/Accessories, Cosmetics, Housewares (Home Improvement/Automotive), Domestics

Hope this helps.

Curious that -% tickets would go on items.
If an item it going up in price, it would direct you to print out white tickets but should be done only for items with a price on the packaging/label. Many items (esp dry goods) DON'T have price points so they shouldn't be getting mark-up tickets - just a new shelf label.
When they go clearance, then yeh everything gets a red label.

So when there is an item that needs a white ticket does it count against your Price Accuracy score if you press 0 tickets, or should you just key in the quantity you see on the floor and throw them away?

I'm just gonna throw this on this thread because it has to do with clearance as well and you guys have been so helpful. When you process "missed salvage" from the floor as a price change team member, and it happens to be electronic items like portable dvd players and whatnot, I know if it was at the service desk it would get a yellow or blue label. Well the PDA doesn't tell you anything special to do just to salvage it out (no special handling or anything). do we separate that from our other missed salvage or leave it in?

Some electronics might go back to CRC because certain materials/metals may need to be stripped before they can be disposed of properly. Otherwise it could/should go with salvage earmarked for thrift stores, etc.
On the items you mentioned, almost always an additional md is taken since it could sell at a low enough price. Again, you should partner with the dept TL/ETL to see what they want to do.

So when there is an item that needs a white ticket does it count against your Price Accuracy score if you press 0 tickets, or should you just key in the quantity you see on the floor and throw them away?

White tickets do NOT affect your clearance scores. If you can't find the item which needs ticketing (I'm speaking of the items that have a price on them and requires a new price, not something that doesn't normally have a price on it), then you can just key in 0 instead of wasting white tickets from printing them and then tossing them.

Thank you so much for clarifying. I did not think so, but wanted to know why our accuracy dropped so much. It seems like clearance is coming off the truck and the LOD said something about a "hot list" to a flow tm and they had no clue what was being said. Our flow team sucks though :( Ive told them time and time again, that if you're pushing something and everything is marked clearance where it goes give it to me. Or if you can't find it on the softlines rack let me scan it first before you hide it in the back of a rack.. Only a few are smart enough to hand it to me when they are not sure.

What are you having a hard time with? Initial markdowns? Further/Final markdowns? Is your "Expected count" higher or lower than your "Actual count?" Are PTMs being dropped, pulled, and pushed out to the floor in a timely manner? If something is sitting in a PTM batch it will NOT drop in the Price Change batch to be pulled by the Backroom. Are you communicating with Sales Floor and Plano as to where clearance is being placed when transitions or even revisions occur? Are you checking the Backroom Detail Report to make sure that clearance isn't being backstocked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back