Archived Clocking out "early" because your scheduled time to leave wasn't changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypticTM

Wannabe Fulfillment Captain
So basically, I was told to come in early at my store for RFID. Our deadline is 4PM and usually I'm on an 8 hour shift and start at 7AM, but my normal shifts start at 9AM. They forgot to tag me as RFID on the schedule so I asked if I could come in at 7 instead of 9 and was given the green light. Short story short, they didn't update it in the system so I was still in the system as scheduled from 9AM to 5:30PM. I clocked out at the time I was supposed to (or at least I assume I was supposed to) at 3:30PM. Is this something they'd crack down on someone for? I wasn't actually told my leave time was changed when I was told I could come in at 7AM, I just assumed it was and no one was around to ask when it was time to clock out, and I didn't want to wait until 5:30 because I would have accrued overtime hours. Not sure if I did the right or wrong thing here and the uncertainty is making me nervous.

I would have done the same. I hear overtime is the larger no-no.
I WOULD still ask if the “left early” could be taken off your record though. In our store a
call-out/start late/left early are all weighted equally and more than 3 in any combination in a month gets documented. 3 documented is a Corrective Action to sign.
Why use one chance up for doing them a favor ?

I WOULD still ask if the “left early” could be taken off your record though. In our store a
call-out/start late/left early are all weighted equally and more than 3 in any combination in a month gets documented. 3 documented is a Corrective Action to sign.
Could my lead get this removed?

You’re fine. If for some reason different leadership or if you were transferring and were asked, you could say ‘payroll’ and they’d be like nice a team player who doesn’t try to milk us for every minute they can 😂

Seriously? That’s nuts. Call offs and late starts are watched by HR for trends which they alert us of so we can document, but lol pretty sure no one gives a single damn at my store or district about leave earlys. Also, any combination? That’s some strict shit. Bad attendance at your store?

Seriously? That’s nuts. Call offs and late starts are watched by HR for trends which they alert us of so we can document, but lol pretty sure no one gives a single damn at my store or district about leave earlys. Also, any combination? That’s some strict shit. Bad attendance at your store?
Yes. Very bad. Attendance checked every 2 weeks lately. Leave early is not always a positive, even though it saves payroll. We have a tm that leaves whenever he wants, without telling anyone, even if his assigned work isn’t finished. A nightmare looking for him if he’s already clocked out and his push is still on the floor. I have finished his work off too many times. Leaving early CAN count against you. But ASANTS.

At my store for the most part leaving a little early isn’t anything that would be typically looked at. Team member schedules are always getting shuffled around and certain leads never change it in the system. However I have seen a few team members get documented over time for it. These were team members who would just constantly leave early just because they felt like it. So if it was a continuous problem our HR would crack down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back