Archived Clocking/Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

computergeek93

Cashier
So...

Tomorrow is my first day at Target. I have four hours of training, and to be honest I'm nervous. Do I just walk in to the office and clock in? Will my trainer meet me there? Is there some sort of protocol I haven't picked up for showing up at work? I know it sounds stupid but I've never had a job so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to start the day haha. Anyone have any suggestions?

Are you cashier training? There should be a clerical/HR person available in the office, so yep you walk in, hit Start Work on the timeclock with your TM#, and you'll be led to your cashier trainer who will put you on a secluded register in Training Mode, where you'll go through how to handle various transactions, bagging, scanning, and other cashier best practices. Once you display that you have a handle on it, you'll be put on a available register in real-life mode and start ringing guests up, with another cashier/GSA available to guide you.

If you haven't gotten your TM# yet, you'll report to HR (get there a little early). If they have your TM#, they'll issue you a temp TM card to use as a discount card & to learn your TM#. If they have you in their system, you'll be shown how to clock in. If not, they'll either have you fill out a punch correction sheet for the first day or clock you in using MAX.
Depending on the store, either HR or the GSTL will enter your status into the register system so you can use a register.
If you're frontlanes or salesfloor, you'll go through cashier training first. Everyone on the floor learns to cashier in order to be able to respond to calls for back-up. Your training will also include a quiz on alcohol sales.

Are you cashier training? There should be a clerical/HR person available in the office, so yep you walk in, hit Start Work on the timeclock with your TM#, and you'll be led to your cashier trainer who will put you on a secluded register in Training Mode, where you'll go through how to handle various transactions, bagging, scanning, and other cashier best practices. Once you display that you have a handle on it, you'll be put on a available register in real-life mode and start ringing guests up, with another cashier/GSA available to guide you.
Lol. No training register for me.
They handed myself and a couple others training along with me a manual and sent us off to an isolated room to read the info over & take alcohol test before pretty much throwing us to the wolves (after a brief training with existing cashiers).

Re: temp cards - every store in our area issues a temp card for use until their TM discount card arrives.

Hey, just wanted to say good luck! The trainees should be very nice and hopefully the real experience wont hurt (especially if a rude guest comes up), but cashering is a piece of cake once u get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back