Archived Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rollout is sunday. I don't think manuals are going to be the most effective use of time. EXFsand POG fills should happen a lot more.

Pretty sure it doesn't roll out until tomorrow company-wide. Unfortunately, after today I'm off until Wednesday so I won't get to be a part of the transition till then.

Asked one of our better Backroom TMs if they told him about the new CAF schedule. He knew nothing about it. I had asked my STL about it earlier in the week and he confirmed it starts tomorrow (Sunday). So this is going to come as a surprise to most, if not all, of the store. Great communication at my store.

We haven't started the new system yet, but I was told we're going to have 7 PM CAFs. I'm wondering if leadership will wisen up and actually give us time to backstock or if they'll just be slamming us with manuals all day.
Our store is going to 1 and 3pm M-F and 1,3,&5 on Sat and Sun. I guess it depends on volume on what kind of CAF's you're getting. I'm at a A+ store.

Dropping Manuals and POG fills will defeat the purpose of the new CAF roll-out. The new CAF schedule is to help reduce workload.
Yes, there are going to be areas of opportunities of emptiness in the store, and as leadership reacts to those they should be using POG fills, not Manual CAFs. Reasoning is, the POG fill will drop enough to fill the whole POG and fix the problem in one shot.(yeah creating some additional backstock)but Maual CAF's will only drop based on whats sold at the register.

Ours doesn't start until tomorrow, but I also won't be there until Wednesday. I'm interested to see how things work out with us relying more on EXFs/POGs. People just calling back saying "I just dropped a batch, when will it be done?" is going to get repetitive, annoying, and will leave me saying "if you're standing around waiting for it, why not come back and pull it yourself?"

I think the trigger for manual cafs is 50% where as pog fill is 30% so you will get more out of the back with pog fill.
Does that sound right?

I think the trigger for manual cafs is 50% where as pog fill is 30% so you will get more out of the back with pog fill.
Does that sound right?
I had 1 dpci for Pog fill. Sometimes, it might not work. But...
Then I went to the backroom & found unlocated items stuff. Grab them too.

I'm not backroom, but I'm SFS tomorrow and I'm curious to see how this works out. I stay on CH 2 with BR for SFS so I'll hear/see how it's going.

People just calling back saying "I just dropped a batch, when will it be done?" is going to get repetitive, annoying,

I agree it is annoying now, and would be even more annoying ...

There is NO need for this.. Create your batches... It is BR's J-O-B to monitor batches in the gun and work them!

We don't nag the BR here. They are to do exactly above.. watch for batches

and will leave me saying "if you're standing around waiting for it, why not come back and pull it yourself?"

Well how many are "QUALIFIED" to do so??? Then how many are REALLY, REALLY QUALIFIED to do it versus being cert'd on paper... BR here, you no pull unless you are REALLY CERT'D to do so! BRTL will cut you down where you stand you start messing with their BR and not supposed to be back there. STL down to TM.. Don't do it!

The new CAF schedule is to help reduce workload.

Translation, CUT HOURS, CUT PAYROLL, INCREASE DIVIDENDS. I guess that is good for my stock... but ...

Oh.. and all the corporate stock experts and your "corporate fiduciary responsibility to stockholders..."

Profit != Greed! Gordon Gecko is NOT a ROLE MODEL! Your short sighted dividends or else per quarter is killing the US, not just TGT. I would rather have long term dividends even if a little lower v. NONE when the company goes under!

There is also CORPORATE FIDUCIARY RESPONSIBILITY to EMPLOYEES! TM should not have to be whores at the swap board or subsidize things with VAC.

Yes, there are going to be areas of opportunities of emptiness in the store,

Yeppers...

and as leadership reacts to those they should be using POG fills, not Manual CAFs

And this "leadership" is who? And they are going to do what?

I do not have time to go shoot outs for stuff. I need to manage my Flow Team. I need to ensure that BS is being audited, 2nd LOC's filled, and more..

Oh ETL-LOG.. yeah... lets see the phone rang off the hook this AM with CO, and they had to actually throw the truck too! And there was the fact they too had to push, push PUSH freight... My ETL has ALWAYS been this way, not just because of hour cuts... Oh and we all were given the broom to get the *(*&*&%^ OFF THE CLOCK and OUT THE DOOR! So by the time I could have or my ETL could have.. NOPE... GET OUT!

But what ETL's or TL's are going to shoot outs to drop these fills???? HMMMM????

Oh and even if they get the batches created.. who is going to pull? I can count on one hand the ETL's and TL's who can, and then those who WILL is even less.

Yep, I'm glad I don't work tomorrow. It would be kinda interesting to see how it works on the first day, but I have the feeling it'll be a clusterfuck. I'll be in on Wednesday, so hopefully it'll be a bit more fleshed out by then.

You know over the years you can watch Target get rid of and role out the same thing over and over. So they are back to 1, 3. and 5 again? They have been messing with CAF pull times forever and always end up changing them. When the real problem is the store are just understaffed and no amount of shell games with pulls is going to change that.

Lurking until someone posts their experience from today...keeping an eye on my phone to see how long it takes for my store to call me in to help.

We only had 10 batches total drop for a goal time around 12 min. We had all coolers drop and some commodities (CHEM, PAPR) and a SNCK batch. Was expecting worse, but we did some research and EXF batches beforehand.

I was done before the first batches dropped today, but from what I've seen and from looking at the schedule for the rest of the week my store isn't scheduling an opening backroom person anymore. So it looks like pulling the researches,exfs and FF are going to fall back on the early morning team. It isn't that horrible, but I hope they realize it is going to take us longer to back stock the trucks if those pulls are big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back