Archived Closing Email Terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
Would love input from everyone but especially TL's and ETL's who contribute to closing emails.

Can anyone explain the following terms...

AAR
cart of process
repacks
P-fresh (I know this is consumables but a
RDC
toss
truck residual
PTM - Pre Transition Merchandise (which is?)

Ptm is mpg(old days)
Toss is qmos
Rdc - if a truck came in at night
Aar is attachment rate?
I am not sure about the rest. My store does it differently.

AAR is Accessory Attachment Rate. Basically tacking on extra goodies with those TVs in electronics. Games with consoles. Stuff like that. Not sure how you calculate or find it

Ptm is mpg(old days)
Toss is qmos
Rdc - if a truck came in at night
Aar is attachment rate?
I am not sure about the rest. My store does it differently.

Love your quick response but please imagine you're talking to a new hire (in some ways you are).

QMOS?
MPG?

Thanks in advance.

AAR is Accessory Attachment Rate. Basically tacking on extra goodies with those TVs in electronics. Games with consoles. Stuff like that. Not sure how you calculate or find it

Makes sense! Thank you!

Love your quick response but please imagine you're talking to a new hire (in some ways you are).

QMOS?
MPG?

Thanks in advance.
Makes sense! Thank you!
Toss or qmos is food out of date or damage, etc.
Ptm is flexing areas with discontinued items.

Would love input from everyone but especially TL's and ETL's who contribute to closing emails.

Can anyone explain the following terms...

AAR
cart of process
repacks
P-fresh (I know this is consumables but a
RDC
toss
truck residual
PTM - Pre Transition Merchandise (which is?)
Accessory attachment rate, as KingBear explained.
Cart of process - softlines reshop, probably. But I'm not sure if that means it needs to be processed or it has already been processed.
Repacks - probably repacks of backstock. A repack box is just a reusable cardboard box that gets shipped.
P-fresh - not sure what they would mean, unless it's saying that pfresh has a pull in the fridge/freezer.
RDC - probably if there's a truck coming?
Toss - usually defectives/QMOS from the service desk. This is stuff that needs to be thrown away. So I really don't know why it would be in a closing email. The closing LOD should just toss it.
Truck residual - what the flow team couldn't get pushed from today's truck.
PTM - essentially it's probably just more stuff in the backroom that needs to go out onto the floor.

I don't think I've seen any of those things on the closing emails at my store. At least not on a regular basis (other than reshop).

Again really helpful, thank you. Idk some of our LOD's unnecessarily abbreviate every thing.

Like is it that hard to type "Callout" instead of "C/O"

Sometimes a lot of people call in--can make for a lot of extra typing . :rolleyes:
CI call in
NC no call
L late
EL early leave

At my store, CO would be Cash Office, aka 259.

Even within a store, people will use different terms. MPG, PTM, and Dcode could all be used to describe the same vehicle sitting on the line.

You may need to ask within your store for some of them.

A.A.R.- (Accessory Attachment Rate) In electronics team members would keep track of how many attachments they would add on to a sale. For example HDMI cable to a TV.
Cart of Process- For my store it meant two things one it meant cart to be process up at guest service for the whole store or cart to be processed in the fitting room. Usually, they would specify which location it was left at.
Repacks- Usually this is repack boxes waiting to be stocked in the backroom. You might also hear them say a tub or flat.
P-fresh- Since I haven't worked in a P-fresh store I'm not for sure but usually we call this the frozen or fresh load. Either saying how it went or if anything is left behind and needs to be worked the next day.
RDC- Usually this giving the opening team information on the truck that they are walking into that is currently being unloaded that morning.
Toss- ? I Have never really seen a store talk about toss. The only thing I can think is if they are talking about how much expired food they had to toss that day.
Truck Residual- How much work is left over the flow team
PTM- Discontinued items that need to be worked out of the backroom and flex into aisles.

A.A.R.- (Accessory Attachment Rate) In electronics team members would keep track of how many attachments they would add on to a sale. For example HDMI cable to a TV.
Cart of Process- For my store it meant two things one it meant cart to be process up at guest service for the whole store or cart to be processed in the fitting room. Usually, they would specify which location it was left at.
Repacks- Usually this is repack boxes waiting to be stocked in the backroom. You might also hear them say a tub or flat.
P-fresh- Since I haven't worked in a P-fresh store I'm not for sure but usually we call this the frozen or fresh load. Either saying how it went or if anything is left behind and needs to be worked the next day.
RDC- Usually this giving the opening team information on the truck that they are walking into that is currently being unloaded that morning.
Toss- ? I Have never really seen a store talk about toss. The only thing I can think is if they are talking about how much expired food they had to toss that day.
Truck Residual- How much work is left over the flow team
PTM- Discontinued items that need to be worked out of the backroom and flex into aisles.

Thank you sir! Love the layman's terms. A cart to be processed is a cart to be pushed? or?

Thank you sir! Love the layman's terms. A cart to be processed is a cart to be pushed? or?

Probably sorted. Guest service sorts re-shop for the whole store and defects out damaged or otherwise unsellable merchandise. Fitting room sorts, folds, and hangs softlines items as well as re-wrapping multi-piece sets. The resulting carts will then be pushed by the sales floor team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back