Closing Team Leader Success

When i usually start my day, i get settled, grab a grid, i check myday, mpm (all metrics and notes), i read my email, i look at workbench, i go through myguest.. then i hit the floor and do an all store brand walk.. i assess brand and try to see what may need attention.. i check reshop and then i check the freight line and see what’s left for GM/food/and all Specialty areas.. this is when i find myself partnering with my SD and with the GM leaders and food leader.. we usually have normal hand offs (not everyday though) and we make some solid plans for their areas. Then i partner with the rest of my peers and essentially hand off. Then i’m essentially LOD for the rest of the night.
^^^^ Exactly what I do…

I cannot emphasize enough what has been said. When our sd was on vacatI'll on our closin tl kept in contact via email and let thrm know step by step why thinvs were the way it was when thry returned. Our closing tl waa the only one who did that and the only one who didnt get their butts handed to them when the others slacked off. They have kept that good communication and are thriving as best you can in this company. Sd communication is key

One thing our closing TL forgets is that we schedule people in our departments for specific reasons, so when they move them (backup cashier, someone called off, etc.) the work we were depending on doesn’t happen. Keeping an eye on fulfillment isn’t tough, keep it open in the zebra. I schedule two people late with specific tasks. Don’t take my second person because someone else didn’t schedule anyone at all.

One thing our closing TL forgets is that we schedule people in our departments for specific reasons, so when they move them (backup cashier, someone called off, etc.) the work we were depending on doesn’t happen. Keeping an eye on fulfillment isn’t tough, keep it open in the zebra. I schedule two people late with specific tasks. Don’t take my second person because someone else didn’t schedule anyone at all.
I’m sure this is rather common and when i first started i had this issue because of unrealistic expectations so i would move people around to get shit done. But when we receive unrealistic goals from our peers or our executive leadership this is where we have to give a little bit of pushback.. also i’ve noticed where a team lead will give me a plan and after they leave, that plan will be overridden by their ETL. Multiple things can lead to this exact issue.

I’m sure this is rather common and when i first started i had this issue because of unrealistic expectations so i would move people around to get shit done. But when we receive unrealistic goals from our peers or our executive leadership this is where we have to give a little bit of pushback.. also i’ve noticed where a team lead will give me a plan and after they leave, that plan will be overridden by their ETL. Multiple things can lead to this exact issue.
My main issue is that I schedule someone late to do 1 for 1s and a closer, but if someone else doesn’t schedule a closer they move my 1 for 1 person. I shorted my morning crew to schedule that shift, so it messes up two things to move that person.

My main issue is that I schedule someone late to do 1 for 1s and a closer, but if someone else doesn’t schedule a closer they move my 1 for 1 person. I shorted my morning crew to schedule that shift, so it messes up two things to move that person.
Yes scheduling issues suck… as a closing lead one of my biggest focus’s is having solid communication with my peers and staying as close to their plans as possible because like you said it creates multiple issues… if i need to move people around in certain instances where i have no choice i always shoot their TL an email or utilize mpm notes!

Back