Archived Closing time

Status
Not open for further replies.
When target was thinking Canada I was telling a co worker I hope it works out I hope they do the research needed to survive. Stinehoffle just went in full force without any kind of plan or research. No distribution centers no trucks regularly it was a mess I was hoping target could have fixed Canada when he left but they took the fast way out and just closed up everything. We had some etls from our store go up to Canada to help when they first opened

Apparently corporate responded to the video, saying they are glad with the positive reaction it is getting.

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/music/299860551.html
Did they not get that Target messed up bigtime? Instead of making things right and justifying their investment, they do a quick pull out. Poor planning caused these guys to lose a job they had for a mere 2 years. No sympathy. It's ok. The U.S. will surely follow.

Aww it makes me so sad whenever I think about TGT canada. I never got to visit it and most importantly all of the jobs lost:( Such a sad situation......

What's most heart-rending about this is how a company presence helped these folks form such a bond in two year's time, that only became apparent when this company did the unthinkable & pulled the rug out from under them.
Despite what happened the bond lingered, which makes me miss the old Target even more.
Business be damned, I hate what it's become.

I walked the race track yesterday, imagining whàt the store would like empty?

this is just depressing but it goes to show that those of us who have opened stores form bonds that transcend a coworker relationship. those of us who remain from those days become close friends and it gives the store a more family like atmosphere. If any of our bretheren up north see this, fair winds to you all. I wish you only the best Keelah Se'lai

This actually brought a tear to my eye. I hum this song pretty much every night I have to close, and to see it performed this way is so sad. To close the store and know you're never gonna return and it's never going to be open again? God. And especially with my team. I like just about everybody. We have a really cool team, everyone gets along (except for grumpy old pricing) and it's just the best place I've worked so far. So seeing this... it's a little heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back