Archived Coaching for talking to target mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your store is like ours, the boat is a magnet for non-electronics TMs and off-duty electronics TMs to stand around and talk to the electronics TMs and not work. If your store is at all similar, your leaders could be overreacting to that type of dynamic and trying (badly) to keep TMs from clustering and chatting instead of paying attention for guests.

Our mobile folks are a godsend, too, and I can't imagine treating them badly. Treating them (or anyone) badly is a dick move and leaders who do that suck.

ETL-HR

Why were you on compliance yesterday?

TM

I was doing a contract phone activation.

Sounds like one of those situations where you call over the LOD and let them finish the activation or sanction your going on compliance. Have that show up on a few closing reports and the ETL will have a protocol in place for how to handle that kind of nonsense.

Has anybody else been coached for talking to talking to target mobile?

My team leads are constantly rude to target mobile, and coach me as an electronics team member for talking to them or even being in the same area as them. Generally ill ask them for info on an item, or to direct them to a guest for phone service, and even let them know the things going on in the store that day.

I feel like this isn't right, anybody experiencing the same thing?
You still have a target mobile? I thought they were being phased out.

Odds are they have seen you talking to them a lot. More than you are letting on.

One of our Electronics TMs has been told repeatedly to not be hanging out at the boat talking to Mobile.
Our STL AND ETL HR told our electronics TMs that they MUST be at the boat at all times. Then again our Target mobile rep left June 8th.

So to answer, no you can't not in my district not now nor in the past. Two ours we loved he help us out alot. 3: He isnt a vendor, he's a rep and has to stand there, so unless you get caught alot doing this and the conversation is obvious un electronics related, I wouldnt either.

Finally, talk with that TL superior to resolve they have to (and ETL HR) sign off on any written coaching (or CCA) anyway. If its verbal, its time to pull them in with another TN and ask point blank what is the problem.

If this TL isnt Key carrying, This will get you atleast enough info that you can do a hotline if its store wide.

If they are then get an etl, and simply sya you want clarification. This will make it sound like you want to work with them (you do) and you can get a real reason. Bceause thats BS unless you are going up on the clock and having 30 minute convos on sports with target mobile.

I’m pretty sure this is why one of our hard lines team members got fired. He spent a whole shift at the counter talking to the mobile rep, while I was working in electronics and helping guests. He was supposed to be in seasonal. I never saw him step foot down there.
There is no way someone can spend three hours in at a counter with out some member of management noticing. The amount of times I am all over the store I would notice. Second time, I will move you from the counter

I actually performed out a softlines tm for always talking to the mobile guy. The sf tm wasn’t doing his infants zooming because he will always be with the mobile guy. I also had the mobile guy transferred to a different store . As a target employee you need to fulfill your core roles and because he was never finishing his zone I had to get him termed. I gave him apmle opportunities to improve and never happened.
devils advocate: While Asants can you explain how you knew the zone wasn't completed? I am not attacking your decision I am curious. What obvious methods did you use?

To be clear: I would also find it unusual for a A&A tm to be in electronics unless he was assigned (we have one now becuase well he fucked up locked sale and the guy stole the locked item after I told him and TMs told him that all locked electronics items have to be run up in electronics while the drawer is active). So for me, when we had Mobile a A&A tm would attract attention and I see how this would lead to work not being finished. reshop not being done etc. But zone? Our store zone is done at the end of the shift unless the area is hit hard and if that is happening you aren't having time to be elsewhere.

Like I said devils advocate

Last edited:
You still have a target mobile? I thought they were being phased out.
I know of a lot of stores are losing it (the last day for our store is sometime in August) but there are a couple of stores here, the high volume ones, that are supposedly keeping it.

devils advocate: While Asants can you explain how you knew the zone wasn't completed? I am not attacking your decision I am curious. What obvious methods did you use?

I usually focus on specific items that aren't zoned yet. I see which aisle they are at and which direction they are headed. After they pass an aisle (or a few depending on what else im working on), I walk it and look for anything that would say they obviously didn't zone. Then I ask them if they zoned it to which they say yes... followed by lets walk it. Granted someone can't catch everything, I mainly look for the obvious IDGAF zone for coaching/ca if its bad enough. If someone misses a few things I give them some tips on what they can do to make sure they catch everything (ie, step back and look, hit every peg).

To be clear: I would also find it unusual for a A&A tm to be in electronics unless he was assigned (we have one now becuase well he fucked up locked sale and the guy stole the locked item after I told him and TMs told him that all locked electronics items have to be run up in electronics while the drawer is active). So for me, when we had Mobile a A&A tm would attract attention and I see how this would lead to work not being finished. reshop not being done etc. But zone? Our store zone is done at the end of the shift unless the area is hit hard and if that is happening you aren't having time to be elsewhere.

Like I said devils advocate
Not only did I walked by on 3 different occasions and saw him standing and chatting at the electronic boat also other leads . His zone was supposed to be done by 11 pm and didn’t get done. He didn’t back up cashiers he didn’t have Reshop , just zone the infants department which is right next to electronics . At 10:30 infants department looks just the same as it did at 9 pm. The reason I assigned tm per department is to keep them accountable. If you can’t give me a good reason why couldn’t you do it , yet I’ve seen you loafing on 3 different occasion within your 4 hour shift is safe to say you didn’t care about the prior conversations.

Not only did I walked by on 3 different occasions and saw him standing and chatting at the electronic boat also other leads . His zone was supposed to be done by 11 pm and didn’t get done. He didn’t back up cashiers he didn’t have Reshop , just zone the infants department which is right next to electronics . At 10:30 infants department looks just the same as it did at 9 pm. The reason I assigned tm per department is to keep them accountable. If you can’t give me a good reason why couldn’t you do it , yet I’ve seen you loafing on 3 different occasion within your 4 hour shift is safe to say you didn’t care about the prior conversations.
All solid valid reasons . Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back