Archived coaching question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So once on a final it's pretty much over for that team member? 1 full year without one little mistake or it's a termination? I can't see ANYONE escaping that.

Well technically you need one more CA to fire someone on a final not just a coaching. So it would take 3 minor written coachings before you can terminate them or one major infraction.

Performance wise: For some people it takes 3 coachings and then a CA for the fourth offense. 3 coachings and then a CA for the 8th offense. Three coachings and then a final for the 12th offense. Three more coachings and then gone.

We had one term who had literally 18 writeups and two final warnings.

Last edited:
Conduct is easier to overcome than performance. Now it is even harder.

Agreed. Conduct is pretty much "Don't be an idiot." I think all the people on it for conduct at my store are for purchasing guidelines and not locking the safe or losing keys.

Performance you can get nit picky since it includes attendance.

A TM really has to not care to end up on a final

Or have a leader who has it in for them...

Back when I was an hrtm my etl log always wanted one girls attendance so he could coach her even though our cardboard guy was late twice as often

I have worked in several stores and each one has a different threshold where CCAs and Finals are concerned. One store gave a "freebie" ncns. The next one was a CCA. Another store 1 NCNS=corrective action. It also depends highly on who you are coaching and whether or not they are a "preferred" TM. If it is one of the more productive team members HR will give you a million excuses why 10 late in a month should be overlooked. I find that our coaching program is at best "varies by location."

Reactions: Him
Or have a leader who has it in for them...

Back when I was an hrtm my etl log always wanted one girls attendance so he could coach her even though our cardboard guy was late twice as often
Pretty much what happened to me. But karma will get them back. Our district lost two PMTs in one week so now you got two stores that will be behind in workload.

Nc/ns automatic cca. Yelling at another tm or higher, automatic cca up to automatic term depending on situation.

Pretty much what happened to me. But karma will get them back. Our district lost two PMTs in one week so now you got two stores that will be behind in workload.
I’ve been with Spot for over a decade and every Spot I’ve worked at you are sooo right @PM2NO. Karma Has Always got them back. What makes it worse for them, it doesn’t just stop @ Spot.. sometimes it happens outside of Spot. You reap what you sow!!;):p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back