Archived Code Yellow, Code Yellow, Code Yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the AP/ETL with parent(s) should walk the store a couple times before calling.

I thought Best practice states that the parent is to stay at the front door so they could identify the child if they were to head out the door. I am pretty sure this would be the smartest idea, if it isn't best practice int he first place.

Just called my first a few weeks ago. Had a mother come up to me telling me she had lost her son (around 11 years old or so). I asked her for the details, to which she told me he wore glasses, was 11, & had dark hair. I asked what he was wearing & she had no clue. I asked where he was last seen or where he was last with her & she told me he was heading back toward toys/electronics. I take what little info, call the code yellow, everyone scrambles & stays on channel 1 (we always stay on 1), then proceed to all walk the store for a good 20 minutes. YES, 20 minutes. The woman tried to keep me from calling the code yellow, but I told her I had to. Come to find out, it was the mother who walked away from the child, who remained in SOFTLINES, where she left the cart. This kid actually stayed with the cart, while she roamed off. After he was found & everything went back to normal, we all talked about how scary it was that it went on for 20 minutes. I'm not sure where he was, but he was pushing the cart & was found over in ready to wear in SL. It's the longest code yellow we've had.

After everything went back to normal, I joked with them about how we need a another "code" for missing parents, to which we all agreed. lol

I will say that I think we were on the verge of calling the police, we just wanted to sweep the store to make sure. I helped walk the store & had to corral the mother to have her stay up front. She kept insisting on walking back to toys to see if he was there. I told her I had just come from there (literally) & he was nowhere to be seen back there).

We have a code for lost Parents...... It's called a Code Dumbass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back