Archived College degree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea im not understanding what your identifying as "TM material" are you stating that their not ABLE to do the TM's role like physically, or work ethic, because work ethic is something ive seen lacking in frresh grads and people without degrees alike... or what specifically? I believe you... im just wondering what your stating as the metric for how your judging ETL's, thats all

thoughts?
The type of ETLs who sit around on their phones all day and act like it's an inconvenience if you need them for something work related. You pretty much have to tell them what to tell you to do...and then they still get it wrong and don't understand why the store looks like shit and nobody got anything done. My favorite is the ETL who sits in the AP office all day (not an ETL-AP) and watches the cameras to see what TMs are doing and what the line looks like and barks orders over the walkie based on that.

The type of ETLs who sit around on their phones all day and act like it's an inconvenience if you need them for something work related. You pretty much have to tell them what to tell you to do...and then they still get it wrong and don't understand why the store looks like shit and nobody got anything done. My favorite is the ETL who sits in the AP office all day (not an ETL-AP) and watches the cameras to see what TMs are doing and what the line looks like and barks orders over the walkie based on that.

Wow, yea i can absolutly see how that would be a problem, thanks for shedding some light on it... Yea, thats not a leadership quality at all.

I recently interviewed for Senior and my STL told me a similar story. He said Target is going away with Bachelor requirements for ETL's and above and putting more focus on retail management experience along with 2-3 years of Target experience. Not sure how much truth there is in that statement but definitely sounds good to me!

It's to the DTLs discretion, my district has told seniors who want to promote they need a degree.

The type of ETLs who sit around on their phones all day and act like it's an inconvenience if you need them for something work related

Don't forget the ones who sit at Starbucks statusing. Run the store as LOD from the team lead office while they order out for lunch using the p card.

Don't forget the ones who sit at Starbucks statusing. Run the store as LOD from the team lead office while they order out for lunch using the p card.[/QUOTE]

"Statusing".......... by FAR...... the most over-used and INCORRECTLY used term in our stores. A status SHOULD be a business recap..... not an excuse to BS with your pals all day. We had an ETL approach two TMs talking in an aisle about ".... a great bag of weed .... can't believe I drank that much....." and they claim they were "statusing". Seriously?

Pretty sure the OP indicated he or she worked hard and they have a degree. Some of you in here protesteth a bit too much.

ETL material is also a dime a dozen. You see these same skills in educators, in factory workers, and even restaurants. Reading some of the responses here, some of you take yourselves far too seriously.

OP -- go for the promotion. You're a hard worker, you worked your butt off for a degree. Don't short-change yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back