Archived Communication issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have major miscommunication or non- communication issues in their stores? I think I may have just gotten myself and my boss in the dog house due to a major communication breakdown. Sad part is that what we had planned for something was sent via e-mail to the entire leadership team but yet nobody said anything different to me until my day was almost done and the task was already completed. It seriously had to be the worst I've felt as a leader( and trust me I've had plenty of rough days).

Lack of communication is pretty much a given with Target, sorry to say.

I have always sorta known that communication wasn't great, but this was a big one. It seriously made me want to quit on the spot.

Flexing in areas we weren't supposed to, because nobody told me we are supposed to stick to planogram right now. And a few things that go along with that.

Flexing in areas we weren't supposed to, because nobody told me we are supposed to stick to planogram right now. And a few things that go along with that.

You know the nice thing about planograms.... They all eventually get reset and then nobody will ever know you flexed it :)

There's miscommunication at my store ALL THE TIME. Just tonight, I heard from one TM (who heard from a TL) that guests are supposed to go online and somehow reserve Xbox Ones and that all the units we get on the truck are reserve only (electronics TM and STL had no idea what I was talking about, and the tub that's ALWAYS behind guest service for defectives was gone (apparently the receiving TM wants us to just leave the whole tub back there... news to me). Recently, our STL apparently told people to overstock if possible, which I heard from a different electronics TM... I asked the LOD that night and she had no idea what I was talking about. Also, the other night a TM had a question about our holiday return policy (which is different than our normal policy), and no one had any idea about it. I ended up pulling LAST SEPTEMBER'S issue of news to use, which stated that the 30 day return policy starts on December 26, for items purchased between November 1 and December 25. No one at our store had any idea about it. I think I'm just ranting now but it's getting really ridiculous.

There is major miscommunication at my store with ad scan down especially. Some say we get scored on it, some say we don't. Some say we don't have to actually scan down signs anymore and some say we still do. What is the correct way? my store has no idea :/

There is major miscommunication at my store with ad scan down especially. Some say we get scored on it, some say we don't. Some say we don't have to actually scan down signs anymore and some say we still do. What is the correct way? my store has no idea :/

My store scans everything out, going aisle by aisle. We started doing this a few months ago; previously we ripped everything down without scanning, then went through and "keyed it out" by hitting "not found" for every single sign.

My store scans everything out, going aisle by aisle. We started doing this a few months ago; previously we ripped everything down without scanning, then went through and "keyed it out" by hitting "not found" for every single sign.

We do the same for hardlines. Softlines still "keys out" their ad.

We used to scan down, then we went to "not founding" for a few months. Now we just take the signs down and are done with it.

We used to scan down, then we went to "not founding" for a few months. Now we just take the signs down and are done with it.

Our store just rips it all down, we quit scanning down about four months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back