Archived Comp Shop Score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been comp shopping for several years now. It was only a couple of weeks ago until I was finally informed by my team leader that such a thing as a comp shop score existed. That was a miss on my store management's part. I was thrown into this whole comp shop thing so I basically had to teach myself how to do it without a team trainer. How on earth is this thing graded and what does it entail to obtain a "Green" Score? How on earth can someone be scored on shopping competitor items? How does HQ grade us on this?

Any tips for obtaining a "Green" Score? I've heard things like doing only 75% of the list...what about leaving shops remaining in the list vs. deleting them via "Item Not Carried" button? I've heard "Price Not Available" is bad for your score. What on earth happened to the "No Price Change" button too? Does typing in the Rollback price actually help your score or not alter it at all? Please advice. Thanks a ton! :)

I've been comp shopping for several years now. It was only a couple of weeks ago until I was finally informed by my team leader that such a thing as a comp shop score existed. That was a miss on my store management's part. I was thrown into this whole comp shop thing so I basically had to teach myself how to do it without a team trainer. How on earth is this thing graded and what does it entail to obtain a "Green" Score? How on earth can someone be scored on shopping competitor items? How does HQ grade us on this?

Any tips for obtaining a "Green" Score? I've heard things like doing only 75% of the list...what about leaving shops remaining in the list vs. deleting them via "Item Not Carried" button? I've heard "Price Not Available" is bad for your score. What on earth happened to the "No Price Change" button too? Does typing in the Rollback price actually help your score or not alter it at all? Please advice. Thanks a ton! :)

I've been comp shopping for about 3 yrs now. I sent a message via mysupport way back then because we didn't know what was the correct amount to do also. They replied and said to only do about 75%. (I still have the message if you have any other questions about it). I've been green ever since.
If something is not carried, I just skip it, don't tap the button for Item not carried. Same with Price not available. It hurts your score.

There was an update awhile back and after that the No price change button was gone. I told my store at that point that it would take longer to do the list as it was much faster to just tap No price change rather than enter the price and wait for it to spin and go back to the list.

Whatever the item is selling for is what I enter.

Take whatever the amount is on your list and multiply that by .75 to get your goal.

I never understood this either... Here's 700 items we need competitor's prices for but oh yeah, we only want you to do 75% of that. lol

Sounds good. Thank you. Does it matter how much % of each department you do? Or is it as long as you have 75% of the ENTIRE LIST you'll be good? Also, does punching in things like ROLLBACK PRICES improve one's score or does that not do anything to the score? As far as score goes, how much does the price of each item factor in? If milk went up 20% in price over the past week, does that take a toll on the score for any reason?

Do a search on workbench. The metrics are that you are expected to complete 65%-80% of the entire shop list every week. Staying within these parameters should net you a green score. (They then say it's a complicated formula blah blah blah.)
I have been comp shopping for several years now.
I'm always green.
I usually aim for obtaining prices for between 70-75% of the list (some weeks are harder than others. My Walmart(s) suck(s.) I've completed as low as 66% and still been green. (Really bad week. Store reset. Clearance central.)
I try to do a variety. Some items have been on my list for ages and I've never found them.
I use the item not carried button. Using it DOES NOT lower your score. By virtue my list is then 100% complete.
If you search workbench they specifically tell you to use the button for items not carried.
I enter comments like rollback pricing.

As for the pricing, there's got to be some curve. I've shopped something like milk or eggs that started at one price at the beginning of the week and then went up or down after I entered the price. There's got to be some accounting for fluctuation, or say, we'd all be told to all do our comp shops on the same day at the same time.

Hope this helps. Also, if you search comp shop on this forum there have been some helpful threads with good info shared by other compers.

Do a search on workbench. The metrics are that you are expected to complete 65%-80% of the entire shop list every week. Staying within these parameters should net you a green score. (They then say it's a complicated formula blah blah blah.)
I have been comp shopping for several years now.
I'm always green.
I usually aim for obtaining prices for between 70-75% of the list (some weeks are harder than others. My Walmart(s) suck(s.) I've completed as low as 66% and still been green. (Really bad week. Store reset. Clearance central.)
I try to do a variety. Some items have been on my list for ages and I've never found them.
I use the item not carried button. Using it DOES NOT lower your score. By virtue my list is then 100% complete.
If you search workbench they specifically tell you to use the button for items not carried.
I enter comments like rollback pricing.

As for the pricing, there's got to be some curve. I've shopped something like milk or eggs that started at one price at the beginning of the week and then went up or down after I entered the price. There's got to be some accounting for fluctuation, or say, we'd all be told to all do our comp shops on the same day at the same time.

Hope this helps. Also, if you search comp shop on this forum there have been some helpful threads with good info shared by other compers.

Thank you very much! I appreciate your advice! I'll give this a shot! Where can I lookup my COMP SHOP SCORE? I was looking on Workbench today doing word searches for the COMP SHOP SCORE, but I could find it no where? Where can I locate my SCORE?

Thank you very much! I appreciate your advice! I'll give this a shot! Where can I lookup my COMP SHOP SCORE? I was looking on Workbench today doing word searches for the COMP SHOP SCORE, but I could find it no where? Where can I locate my SCORE?

It's not on MyPerformance with all the other metrics?

It's not on MyPerformance with all the other metrics?

It's under the Price Accuracy score. It's an important metric, but the only one it matters to on a performance basis is the comp shopper. Since comp shop's performance is tied to multiple stores it does not affect the store's overall performance. (I actually did a MySupport search about 2 hours ago to look for resolution on the multiple list thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back