Archived Comp Shop workload?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my store hasn't comp shopped in at least 8 or 9 months. We got kicked out of the local Walmart and the next closest is outside the radius.
I'm sure I'll learn more soon when I start POG/Pricing training.

From what I gather they can't really do that.
Sure they can throw anyone out of the store they want but there's a certain amount of professional courtesy.
If you're asked to leave, just go back later when it's not as busy and you won't be in the way.
Or send someone else.

I used to go late at night. Their night crew didn't care as long as I stayed out of their way.
When they tried to keep us out, our STL made sure their people got guest-serviced out the door.
Then one of their compers accidentally left their PDA in a cart at our store.
I turned it over to our STL (after we looked at their list) & he called their store manager for a little talk.
We haven't been harassed since.

Keeping a folder of printed messages is a very good idea. I didn't even know there was a comp shop MB I could read until this thread but now that I know and have read it for myself I'll do so on a very regular basis. Thanks!

I've been kicked out more times than I care to count. The last time it happened, their security person said "You're like a bad penny, aren't you? You just keep turning up." I smiled on my way out and said, "I'll be back" in my best Terminator voice. ;)

Our store uses comp shop hours for a guy to set out items on clearance endcaps and keep them neat and organized.

I was yellow last week by 2%. I might have actually hit minimum for green had I had two more hours to work, but I ran out of time I could devote to the shop.

my store hasn't comp shopped in at least 8 or 9 months. We got kicked out of the local Walmart and the next closest is outside the radius.

how can your store go that long without comping? you would get red scores your stl would get flack from the dtls and it would be a hot mess. isnt that part of metrics like it counts against the store?

im glad i dont comp anymore but i had to fill in last year for someone for one day and let me tell you it was not fun

Well, this week was brutal doing 2 different shops with LOTS of duplicates! Glad that's over with.
Uploaded next week's and thank God there is only 1 shop for 602 items. Easy peasy. :)

I took a look at my new list and it's ~700 items but one list. I'll take it.

how can your store go that long without comping? you would get red scores your stl would get flack from the dtls and it would be a hot mess. isnt that part of metrics like it counts against the store?

im glad i dont comp anymore but i had to fill in last year for someone for one day and let me tell you it was not fun

I have no idea! The Price Accuracy score in myperformance is always red and never questioned by anyone on visits. I'll have to look into it more.

I told my ETL that I was going to be red for this week (for last week's shop). First thing Monday from the STL: "Can you talk with (insert my ETL's name) about last week's score?"

Man, I really wish that I had just put the new cover sheets on all of the TPS reports....

Why is there Market Pantry items in the comp shop list sometimes? Are they trying to trick us or something???

Why is there Market Pantry items in the comp shop list sometimes? Are they trying to trick us or something???
Yes. You should look for the equivalent WM product (Great Value, Sam's Choice, Equate, etc...)

Recently our comp shop score was red. Red!!??!! When I looked into it, the goal percentage had gone up 14% from the week before. Apparently, somewhere along the line that changed and we weren't told. Ummm, I'm pretty good at reading other people but I am not a mind reader, damn it! I haven't a clue whether the higher percentage I did last week got us back into green and I'm stuck for this week until I know that. Grrrr, Spot!

Recently our comp shop score was red. Red!!??!! When I looked into it, the goal percentage had gone up 14% from the week before. Apparently, somewhere along the line that changed and we weren't told. Ummm, I'm pretty good at reading other people but I am not a mind reader, damn it! I haven't a clue whether the higher percentage I did last week got us back into green and I'm stuck for this week until I know that. Grrrr, Spot!

So is the goal no longer 87%? What is it now?

I've used 73% as a guideline for at least two years but apparently I'm to use 87% now.

Well, I've been completing only 75% of the shop for the past 3.5 yrs or so and have always been green. I only do items that have prices. If there is no price available or item not carried, I don't touch it.

Awbuckit, I've been green almost every week the entire time I've done CS. I don't know what's up now but it ain't good!

What the whaaaaaat?
14% increase? Really? Not last week, but w/e 6/28 I completed somewhere around 75% of the shop and I was green, super green. I couldn't check my scores for w/e 7/4, but I completed about the same, maybe a little less. If they changed the metric and didn't tell us, I have NO WORDS.

I can say this. There is NO way, and I mean N.O. W.A.Y. I can complete 87% of the shop. It's impossible. My Walmart sucks, and sometimes it's a struggle to find 65% of the items. Plus, I'll need more time to do it. Also, IIRC, doing that much of the list makes you red too. Again, what the what????

Has anyone checked their scores for w/e 7/4? I have a store shift today, so I'll check it and report back.
Ugh.

I checked mine for w/e 7/4 and I was green. I completed 75% of the shop. I'll check the metric soon and see if it's changed.

87% score is green. How they come up with the score is beyond me but I can accomplish it with 60% found with price and 100% completed.

Always complete the shop. Here's how I do it:
1.) Work the list. Get whatever you can with price.
2.) Upload what you have and check the report for your "completed with price" number. If it will get you a green score, move on. If not, go back and scan some more.
3.) Mark the stuff they don't carry as "not carried" and the stuff you didn't shop with "price not available"

JustJoe, the point I was originally making is that for the last two years 73% for me was green then suddenly it wasn't. With no warning or notification, 73% wasn't green, the goal was 87%. Last week, when I got that 87%, the final score was only 77%. I don't understand how or why that happened or how to fix it.

JustJoe, the point I was originally making is that for the last two years 73% for me was green then suddenly it wasn't. With no warning or notification, 73% wasn't green, the goal was 87%. Last week, when I got that 87%, the final score was only 77%. I don't understand how or why that happened or how to fix it.

Check your reports for that week. Maybe part of your shop didn't get reported. I know that if the shop is less than 100% complete that can ding you. 87% is the goal score, not the percent complete with price.

JustJoe, thanks. I've never completed the shop in all the time I've done it as there's simply no way I can complete it in the allotted time and getting more for it is almost impossible. I also rarely use the 'price not available', or any other for that matter, option. I generally do 73% with the price and that's it. We looked at the report and it all looks as it should except for the score. It's a puzzlement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back