Archived Comp Shop workload?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 7.5 hours this week and 3 next week.

I get the feeling that a green comp shop isn't a priority at my store.

Do you all claim mileage for doing comp shop? You ARE entitled to it. I think it's like .46 per mile.

I didn't know I was entitled to mileage until fairly recently, Awbuckit. I'll claim it next time, though.

>>Did anyone see that comp shop scores were on myNews for July 27? It's on the newest one under Sales Floor. All about how to ensure green, what percent should have a price, etc. they're always watching us lol.<<

I looked and couldn't find this today. I'll try again tomorrow.

This is interesting. Last week I went back to the way I was doing CS before I started getting red every week three or four weeks ago and last week I was green. Go figure. I did nothing different from what I was doing before and it's green. Ugh! Ugh not because I'm green but because I did nothing different!

Can I get mileage for my a**? I walk it 400 yards to Wally World, 400 yards back and about 5 miles in the store.

What's the rate?

I'll have to check that out, too. I've been waiting for some kind of something to come across. I have the feeling that I'll be red for last week and I am not at all happy about all this.

I read it yesterday and it is just re-hashing stuff that is said if you type "comp shop" into MySupport.

I'll have to check that out, too. I've been waiting for some kind of something to come across. I have the feeling that I'll be red for last week and I am not at all happy about all this.

I read it yesterday and it is just re-hashing stuff that is said if you type "comp shop" into MySupport.

Yeah, I read it...nothing new to me. Thank for trying though, Spot.

So, how have everyone's numbers been?
I'm still staying the course. Green. My workloads have been all over. Up, down, etc. Last week I had the dreaded book section. There's 50 items not carried right there! My walmart stinks!

I had a really weird shop today. about 1/4 of the HBA items on my list were just barely wrong size-wise. Like, the item listed was 7.34 ounces and the item on the shelf was 7.33. I know they put in wrong items to make sure you're paying attention, but this was way too many. Anyone else have that problem? I put them all as item not found.

Also, will I ever get in trouble for only shopping the same few sections each week? My store never gives me enough hours to come even remotely close to completing the shop, so I shoot for the highest possible number of items. As such, I spend a lot of time in cleaning supplies, pets and HBA and not a lot of time in toys. Will this come back to bite me or am I overthinking it?

Barely yellow (almost red) last week because I ran out of time. Probably yellow this week because of video games (bunch of Nintendo DS titles and my Wally barely has any of them) AND all of the YesTo items. Nothing like starting my day by zeroing a bunch of items.

I had a really weird shop today. about 1/4 of the HBA items on my list were just barely wrong size-wise. Like, the item listed was 7.34 ounces and the item on the shelf was 7.33. I know they put in wrong items to make sure you're paying attention, but this was way too many. Anyone else have that problem? I put them all as item not found.

Also, will I ever get in trouble for only shopping the same few sections each week? My store never gives me enough hours to come even remotely close to completing the shop, so I shoot for the highest possible number of items. As such, I spend a lot of time in cleaning supplies, pets and HBA and not a lot of time in toys. Will this come back to bite me or am I overthinking it?

I tend to do the items I'm most familiar with also. Why waste times hunting for the latest and greatest toy item? Plus I like to stay on one side of the store...saves time. I don't think anyone cares if you do the same area all the time. I've been doing comp shop for 4 yrs and no one has EVER said a word to me about what I do or how I do it. No one else even knows how to do it so I guess they're content that we are green every week. lol

If the size is off by that little amount I would still enter the price. Close enough, imo. Why would Spot put fake items and/or sizes in our shops? Ain't nobody got time for that! lol We get little enough time to do it as it is.

I tend to do the items I'm most familiar but the person who trained me told me that since there will never be enough hours to do every item (and I shouldn't do every item) I need to rotate the departments I cover. So...one week I'll try to get all of HBA, food, and electronics, and the next week will work on toys, seasonal, and whatever. That seems to work well for me.

I've been green since going back to the "old" percentage. I still don't know what happened to suddenly make me go and stay red but things seem okay for now.

Did you try scanning the items? Sometimes when it's off an ounce or two I'll scan it with the pda, and low and behold it's the correct item. That happened to me with a few items this week.

I've been comp shopping for several years and no one has ever come back to me about what I chose to complete. I usually focus on food, chemicals, and HBA. Although I do try my best to look for stuff on the list when it first shows up: ie: toys in October or BTS supplies. But I know some sections are futile: books, sporting goods come to mind.

Why would Spot put fake items and/or sizes in our shops? Ain't nobody got time for that! lol We get little enough time to do it as it is.
They do it to keep us honest and from "faking" prices. This is why they also took away the "price not changed" button in the last pda update.

Did you try scanning the items? Sometimes when it's off an ounce or two I'll scan it with the pda, and low and behold it's the correct item. That happened to me with a few items this week.

This, so much. Items with "20% more free!" especially, since they show the current amount of ounces it holds, but counts in our list as it's former amount.

This, so much. Items with "20% more free!" especially, since they show the current amount of ounces it holds, but counts in our list as it's former amount.

Oh wow, I've been being way too precise then. I was putting down "more free!" items down as not found, since it wasn't the EXACT item. So basically if it scans it's the right item?

Oh wow, I've been being way too precise then. I was putting down "more free!" items down as not found, since it wasn't the EXACT item. So basically if it scans it's the right item?
Yep. You're supposed to put in the comments about the new size. If it's not a bonus there's a good chance that we changed our size as well but the database hasn't been updated yet.

888 items next week. Told my TL that I NEED two days and unable to accept less for it. I also submitted an expense report for five months of mileage reimbursements today. If that's denied, I'm not doing it anymore.

888 items next week. Told my TL that I NEED two days and unable to accept less for it. I also submitted an expense report for five months of mileage reimbursements today. If that's denied, I'm not doing it anymore.

You need to submit mileage more often.. Waiting that long is just saying "I don't really need the money."

You need to submit mileage more often.. Waiting that long is just saying "I don't really need the money."

Our old STL was impossible to approach about the subject. "I should be lucky to have a job." Now that he's gone and we're in the interregnum between STLs I'm catching up.

Our old STL was impossible to approach about the subject. "I should be lucky to have a job." Now that he's gone and we're in the interregnum between STLs I'm catching up.

It's in the comp shop procedure list to submit to HR for mileage reimbursement. I think it's #68 on the list. So screw them.

For those of us who have successfully submitted for mileage:

I finally got my back mileage approved. I put it into Concur, my approver approved it. How/When do I get my big fat mileage check?

For those of us who have successfully submitted for mileage:

I finally got my back mileage approved. I put it into Concur, my approver approved it. How/When do I get my big fat mileage check?
Your mileage comes in your regular paycheck. It will be on the next paycheck after it is approved (and here's hoping it's before Monday of a pay week :)

The best practice says mileage needs to be submitted in a timely manner.... you may not get the really old stuff. My BP will only approve 2 weeks back, sometimes 3 if there was only 1 day during the first week.....

The best practice says mileage needs to be submitted in a timely manner.... you may not get the really old stuff. My BP will only approve 2 weeks back, sometimes 3 if there was only 1 day during the first week.....

Luckily, I just have to get my acting STL's approval. He approved the back stuff because he knew what an ass the former STL was. From here on out it is getting done weekly. I installed the Concur app on my phone for such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back