Votes: 25 39.1%
  • An ETL

Votes: 25 39.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 14 21.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what sort of stores you all work at but as a Sr. TL if I give direction to an ETL when I am LOD, our STL expects them to follow that direction as long as we have good reasoning for it. Otherwise my STL will document the ETL. Seen it happen before when the other Sr. TL at my store asked an ETL to zone an isle during midday because we needed additional hands on the floor.

Well there is a fine line there. A senior has every right to ask an etl to help with carts, take a callout, jump into a zone etc.

However an LOD still reports to an etl or stl at the end of the day. One of our seniors was trying to replace a callout when we were down on payroll. My STL shut that down real quick.

At the end of the day making payroll falls on her and the etl hr

Those are different scenarios, though. The STL should be communicating with all LODs so they understand how to lookup sales and payroll as well as priorities for replacing call outs.

That is not the same as a SrTL delegating a task to an ETL during an LOD shift, which is totally acceptable. My job as LOD is to ensure I run the best possible store. If I run out of hourly hands and have an urgent need, sorry ETLs, but the needs of the store come first.

needs of the store come first.
I always got a laugh at this from all my years @ Spot!! Whenever someone is LOD, (All Eyes on them, their ass is on the line, etc) They say things like this. I agree with you Wholeheartedly @kingpin003 it SHOULD be like that ALL the time. Although sometimes people get into they "feelings" and start going back to their "Titles" whenever they feel disrespected or want to show they ass!! Ex: a SRTL, tells an Etl to do a Task. Said Etl (all in they feelings) starts asking Questions to SRTL, basically undermining their authority. Instead of just doing what was asked no questions asked, they spent all the time with useless Talk. Another EX: Tm asks any leader, TL, ETL, STL, to do something/ get something. Again, a TM is by no means a leader in the building, but if it's for as the statement goes "Needs of the store" why not follow the instructions/directions of the tm. Again, people I personally think just manipulate at times. Not all, but some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back