Conceal carrying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batteryguy556

Repent
Will spot fuck my shit up if I carry at work? I was mugged at my last job while on the clock but I haven't carried while working for target.

Solution
You are not allowed to bring weapons into the building. You may or may not get a warning before being fired.

Can you imagine how your peers will feel? How they will think you are going to go on a rampage? If you can’t feel safe at work without a gun you either need therapy or a different job.
Don't be the tough guy I can carry because it's legal, you will be marked as a fool. Yea, make your political statement but leave the S&W at home. I saw a guy at a Wegmans packing openly (legal) and he was told to leave the store. Stores rules. Makes you look like a dick walking around a nice grocery store in the middle of the afternoon looking at lettuce and pineapples. You will be caught at the Dog, you will lose your job and you will be marked not hirable for the rest of your life. Pack at the gun club, pack at the trout stream but in your store, your place of work? Use your head.

You are not allowed to bring weapons into the building. You may or may not get a warning before being fired.

Can you imagine how your peers will feel? How they will think you are going to go on a rampage? If you can’t feel safe at work without a gun you either need therapy or a different job.
Nogunz detected

The last two word sentence, last post says it all. I'd like to see a soft ice cream machine in our local Target. It is rather labor intensive to some degree but yields a good margin. "Vanilla, chocolate or a twist"?

Putting aside the issue of guns, there's plenty of things you can do that are legal but will get you fired. If you call your STL's mother a whore, yes that's free speech, but you can be fired for it.

You should probably get some counseling. I wouldn't necessarily be worried about working with somebody who carries, but I would be worried about working with somebody who asks questions like this on a forum, while giving attitude.

Jesus use some common sense. You asked if you can work with a gun and the answer is no. You may not. You aren’t a guest when you get paid to be there. If you’re this obtuse in real life no wonder you don’t feel safe at work.
No, I did not ask. I don't own a gun, have never touched a gun. You stated that one cannot bring a gun i.nto the building and you are wrong. I'm just not a fan of misinformation.

Well the facts are if you carry a gun around and guest sees they will freak out thinking your shoot up the place making everyone else freak out . Second if your that traumatized about being mugged at work that you consider carrying a gun maybe shouldn't work retail. Also have you seeked therapy. Seems like this troubled you more than you know.

Putting aside the issue of guns, there's plenty of things you can do that are legal but will get you fired. If you call your STL's mother a whore, yes that's free speech, but you can be fired for it.
Funny you should mention that, a coworker of mine called the STL’s wife a c**t. She’s pretty sure the STL knows but, she still has a job. I don’t know why STL let it slide.

You should probably get some counseling. I wouldn't necessarily be worried about working with somebody who carries, but I would be worried about working with somebody who asks questions like this on a forum, while giving attitude.
I have extreme schizophrenic delusions on a daily basis

I understand that the suggestion of counseling seems rude and presumptuous but hear me out.
Getting mugged is a traumatic event.
It can fuck you up in a whole bunch of ways.
It can make you paranoid, anxious, frustrated, and depressed - which in men, and I speak from experience here, tends to come out as anger.
Working through it can be really challenging.
There is nothing wrong with getting some help to do that.
Whatever way you come up with deal, is legit.

But please, I don't want to see a newspaper article about a Target employee accidently shooting a stranger who come up behind them suddenly.
Having a gun when you are feeling this way isn't in your best interests.
I am fully supportive of concealed carry and the second but I figure you might want to work through this first.
Then decide if you want to carry.

Last edited:
I think this also might be a state thing because officially target says no unless a state law prevents them from enforcing that rule, so some second amendment friendly states may allow for employees to CCW. But every state allows for employee to carry in their car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back