Archived Concern to call hotline

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I both work at Target. At first it's what we needed to finally move out and be on our own. Long story short. The last month or so my boss has been harassing my husbands team and they just had someone quit on them when he was gonna get written up for doing what he was supposed to do and the other person is getting off free for cussing and creating an unhealthy environment. My boss for Instocks is also in charge of Backroom which by default flow team. So he is practically everyone's boss every other weekend.

My problem is some of the team members on Flow are feeling they are being targeted to quit while the assholes stay and make life unbearable. That same boss is with Instocks and he is telling us that we 2 people should be able to scan the whole store with no issues and 100% accuracy. I've told my direct boss this isn't going to work and I told his boss that it doesn't work. Yet, they have made no efforts to hire someone new. We are into this almost a month now.

My husband and I have considered transferring to different targets here in CA. Better hours, better people, just better everything. Currently my husband is getting up at 3 a.m. to work a four hour truck and they yelled at for talking about work while the ones that BS get away with it. How can the hotline help? I heard last year we were the highest in the district for calls to the hotline but it doesn't seem anything had gotten done. Any ideas what to do. I'm in a economically depressed town (not by choosing, born and bred) that doesn't have many available jobs unless in the fields and even then thanks to the drought.

I have mixed feelings on this one.
It sounds like you are dealing with a bad situation that under other circumstances might be fixed with a call to the hotline but ....
The thing about those calls is corporate tends to expect things to be fixed at the store level unless they are egregious and could cause blow back (read legal problems) for Spot.
So they will tell the STL to fix it and if the STL doesn't think there is really a problem well...

This is a prime example of the kind of situation where bad managers can get away with what they whatever they want.
A depressed area that gives them a choice of employees and the chance to push the ones they have to the brink.

I wouldn't council you not to complain, just to make sure that when you do everything you say is professional and not personal.
You need to write down everything you are going to say, names, dates, and times.
Use terms like "set up to fail" and "hostile work environment".
Try and make it sound like it isn't about you but for the betterment of the store, that will go a long way towards getting results.

One thing: You say "boss" quite a bit, but I'm a little confused. That could mean TL or ETL. Now, I assume that you have talked to your ETL, but if you haven't I would recommend doing so.

And talking to STL.

what would be the person above TL because I would have to go with her and she has a way of turning it around and make it my fault. Watched it happen with my own eyes. The situation is all bad. We are losing good people left and right/

sorry they didn't teach the full lingo and I've been there a year. Flow Team has two TL and one of those TL is also mine for Instocks. Their boss idk her abbreviation. sorry for the confusion

ok then ETL is a stuck up bitch that has the store manager wrapped around her finger. The only authority figure I trust to say anything to is in-charge of security which really he can't do anything.

Sit tight & document everything. Going to the hotline without talking to your etlhr or stl first, could make worse for you. The Etl-ap maybe watching all & waiting for the right moment.
In the end, spot will get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back