Archived Confession of Being a Target Team Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to hide zebra cakes at the electronics boat and occasionally snack on them when no one was around. I also used to go to the bathroom in the backroom and pretend to use it just so I could have a few extra minutes to myself.

You like giving away your labor? Man you going to be an ETL in no time, already ready or the red kool aid.
Quote me where I mentioned anything about being an ETL? Look bud I'm not against the idea, I do go on 15s for restroom breaks and coffee, just not all the time, everyone's different. I get so focused in what I'm doing that I think taking a 15 (which in most cases doesn't even exist, because TMs tend to exceed that small time.) will just slow me down, throw me off and I'd lose the drive. I assure you, nobody's drinking kool-aid down here, I'm just passionate about the work I do with the end result that comes with it.

I spent at least 30 minutes after my break trying to order one more baseball ticket. Oh, and the break was at least 25 minutes.

Quote me where I mentioned anything about being an ETL? Look bud I'm not against the idea, I do go on 15s for restroom breaks and coffee, just not all the time, everyone's different. I get so focused in what I'm doing that I think taking a 15 (which in most cases doesn't even exist, because TMs tend to exceed that small time.) will just slow me down, throw me off and I'd lose the drive. I assure you, nobody's drinking kool-aid down here, I'm just passionate about the work I do with the end result that comes with it.

You don't understand that you are giving away the only thing you have to sell - your time.. That is what Target is buying your time and you are giving it away for free. The work will be there and they REALLY don't give to shits about you.. But that kind of thinking is what they are banking on that you will kill yourself to make their ridiculous deadlines.. Passionate sure, but you haven't figured out the best way to use it.

And Bosch isn't a bud, but a steel magnolia :cool:

You don't understand that you are giving away the only thing you have to sell - your time.. That is what Target is buying your time and you are giving it away for free. The work will be there and they REALLY don't give to shits about you.. But that kind of thinking is what they are banking on that you will kill yourself to make their ridiculous deadlines.. Passionate sure, but you haven't figured out the best way to use it.

Maybe he doesn't like being left alone with his thoughts?

Red cards suck and some etls can and I hope get fired.

You know you're not being held there against your will, right? You can leave whenever you want.

I spent at least 30 minutes after my break trying to order one more baseball ticket. Oh, and the break was at least 25 minutes.

Omg. I once timed my break perfectly so I could order this limited Rihanna for Mac lipstick and I got kicked out of the site and couldn't order for my entire 15 and I took an honest 15 that time. I checked the site constantly and ended up ordering the lipstick in the bathroom lol. Oh man, I felt so ballsy because back then I took exactly 15 mins for breaks. I've worn the lipstick twice so it was totally worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

That all depends on the task you're doing, If I'm researching/zoning I'm not taking a 15. What precious time are you talking about? 15 minutes? Lmao. You missed the point completely, I do take 15s just not as often and I'm not against it. Relaxxxx

One of my friends used to go in the breakroom with other TMs and take long ass breaks, usually in the hidden part of the breakroom (ours is L-shaped). Later after he quit/got fired/whatever they told me they always knew he was taking long breaks because he would go in with someone but never come out with them.

That all depends on the task you're doing, If I'm researching/zoning I'm not taking a 15. What precious time are you talking about? 15 minutes? Lmao. You missed the point completely, I do take 15s just not as often and I'm not against it. Relaxxxx

You can't take a 15 while you are zoning or during research? I would wonder what you are doing that takes that long and we would be talking about why you need that much time that you feel you can't take breaks. Cause you are trying to fix issues you shouldn't be fixing or are you just not grasping the job..

You can't take a 15 while you are zoning or during research? I would wonder what you are doing that takes that long and we would be talking about why you need that much time that you feel you can't take breaks. Cause you are trying to fix issues you shouldn't be fixing or are you just not grasping the job..
I do take 15s just not as often and I'm not against it.

You guys know how I am. Sunday, the autofills were 7.75 hours and there were two of us each scheduled 5 hours to pull, push, audit, do sda, and do ff. The autofills took 7 hours to pull. I ended up not taking a break. Actually, I almost did, but then realized I didn't have my wallet. My coworker took a break while I was doing the audit, sda, and ff.

I usually don't take 15s and I've skipped lunch before. Then again, I'm paid fairly for my time, get paid not terminated if I need OT to manage guest demand and can make more money with additional sales.

i don't break down boxes i just throw them into the baler cart
speeds up my timeline, and i make OCD TM's upset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back