Confessions of a Target TM

I take two 15 minute breaks when I'm scheduled for 7 hour 45 minute shifts. Seriously need more than one 15 minute and a 45 lunch for that stretch of time. Don't care if it must be 8 hours or more, they KNOW they made the schedule intentionally so a tm technically can't get that second 15. By the way, doing that today as well.

I take two 15 minute breaks when I'm scheduled for 7 hour 45 minute shifts. Seriously need more than one 15 minute and a 45 lunch for that stretch of time. Don't care if it must be 8 hours or more, they KNOW they made the schedule intentionally so a tm technically can't get that second 15. By the way, doing that today as well.
Wait you get a 45 minute lunch?

Wait you get a 45 minute lunch?
We get 45 min lunch at our store. Used to be 30 several years ago but a lot of people were punching in less than 30 minutes and getting hit with meal penalty. So adding the 15 mins is a safety net.

I thought you get 2 breaks especially for working 7 hours and 45 minutes. I have been doing that.

We get 45 min lunch at our store. Used to be 30 several years ago but a lot of people were punching in less than 30 minutes and getting hit with meal penalty. So adding the 15 mins is a safety net.

I thought you get 2 breaks especially for working 7 hours and 45 minutes. I have been doing that.
We have 30 minutes and the clocks are set to not allow you to punch in before the 30 ends. It gives you an error message and you have to wait to punch in down to the second. No safety net needed. Meal breaks in my state are mandatory. The breaks are target policy so target has to follow their policy but it isn't documented or enforced the same way as the state mandated lunch breaks.

We have 30 minutes and the clocks are set to not allow you to punch in before the 30 ends. It gives you an error message and you have to wait to punch in down to the second. No safety net needed. Meal breaks in my state are mandatory. The breaks are target policy so target has to follow their policy but it isn't documented or enforced the same way as the state mandated lunch breaks.
That’s awesome. I wonder why my store has not done that if it’s now possible. Sometimes the extra 15 mins can be long and I would prefer 30 min lunch.

Respectfully looking at the Shipt shopper he was wearing very thin grey sweatpants.
Funny you mention that. Had a guest with gray sweatpants...in the corner of my eye I noticed he grabbed himself a few times...so checking him out I literally checked him out and glanced a few times 😬 his t shirt said proud vet homeowner. It is literally sketched in my mind forever.

At my store, we can take as many breaks as we want lol... no one really cares and no one tells anyone when they are on lunch. I play by the rules but I’ve seen this happen time and time again, even with the workers who do care

Floor people here take their breaks whenever they want. I never announce my breaks on the walkie, but I usually tell someone in my department that I'm going.

I was told to performance out good team members and essentially micromanage them and make shit up because my then STL didn’t like them. I ended up snitching on her because she lost her keys and called me off the clock to come lock the store with her so she could get some sleep and find them the next day. She was instantly terminated.

We had a previous team member in Fulfillment at my store whose INF (mainly OPU) was always very low. Like he always beat out everyone else but was never much help in finding things when asked. The day he left for a better job, he confessed to a couple of us that he routinely substituted items he couldn't find for slightly better items. For example, if an order called for the Family-size package of Oreos and we were out, he would substitute the Party-size package (slightly bigger) so he wouldn't have to INF it. He claimed to have done this for over a year successfully because he never substituted more than one item per order and always gave the guest either more of something or a slightly better something than what they ordered. He claimed guests were always happy to get more than they paid for and when a couple of times a guest did bring back an order because it wasn't exact, he was able to explain it away with an, "Oops, my bad, grabbed the wrong one."

I've never had the guts to try this myself.

We had a previous team member in Fulfillment at my store whose INF (mainly OPU) was always very low. Like he always beat out everyone else but was never much help in finding things when asked. The day he left for a better job, he confessed to a couple of us that he routinely substituted items he couldn't find for slightly better items. For example, if an order called for the Family-size package of Oreos and we were out, he would substitute the Party-size package (slightly bigger) so he wouldn't have to INF it. He claimed to have done this for over a year successfully because he never substituted more than one item per order and always gave the guest either more of something or a slightly better something than what they ordered. He claimed guests were always happy to get more than they paid for and when a couple of times a guest did bring back an order because it wasn't exact, he was able to explain it away with an, "Oops, my bad, grabbed the wrong one."

I've never had the guts to try this myself.
That's actually pretty damn clever.

Is the loss incurred by subbing a slightly larger size or something like that really a greater loss than the INF?

I feel like the substitution would have to win out in the big, in terms of losses due to no product & increased sales due to goodwill generated.

Back