Archived Confidentiality

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have not had a raise in years no one in my store has they say if we dont make x numbers or something then everyone is effected
We were told that even though our store made our goals and did well, raises would not be in great abundance because the district did not do well. So this is when I found out that YOUR individual performance is not what earns you a merit raise its the group as a whole

Yep, this is the "no matter now hard you are working you must be sucking at something because the store isn't making enough profit" logic.
I've had this tossed at me a few times.
It hurts and it sure as hell doesn't motivate you to do a damn bit more than you absolutely have to.
I actually had a boss say they didn't want to throw 'good money after bad' like somehow money spent on employees was bad money.

Target needs to change its whole approach to employees. Treat people well and they will usually do their best work for you. Hopefully we get someone from the Google or Costco camp to run Target.

i have not had a raise in years no one in my store has they say if we dont make x numbers or something then everyone is effected
We were told that even though our store made our goals and did well, raises would not be in great abundance because the district did not do well. So this is when I found out that YOUR individual performance is not what earns you a merit raise its the group as a whole

Yep, this is the "no matter now hard you are working you must be sucking at something because the store isn't making enough profit" logic.
I've had this tossed at me a few times.
It hurts and it sure as hell doesn't motivate you to do a damn bit more than you absolutely have to.
I actually had a boss say they didn't want to throw 'good money after bad' like somehow money spent on employees was bad money.

This is part of the reason I have just learned to let it go and I just get done what I can in Market without stressing hardcore if something isnt done. If Target wants everything done how they want it done they should hire more people or give the market team more hours

This is part of the reason I have just learned to let it go and I just get done what I can in Market without stressing hardcore if something isnt done. If Target wants everything done how they want it done they should hire more people or give the market team more hours

@pfreshdude That statement is so true. I came in Saturday night to half a truck worth of pallets that still needed pushed. I stood there dumbfounded for a few minutes, but then said screw it & got done what I could. Market gets crapped on so much it's insane. One of the major reasons I'm leaving.

IMHO market is one of the most frustrating workcenters. I've never felt more defeated everyday than in market.

Then again, some days just working in my store leaves you feeling defeated because we have a completely unengaged STL and ETLs who are unhappy. Weak and/or ineffective leadership at the exec level (really any level, but it's bad when it trickles down from the top) has the biggest potential to break a store.

Can somebody send me the .pdf of that document that was supposed to be posted? There was a copy of it online but it was a cell phone pic of it and part of it was missing.

Thank you

I don't think there's anymore to it than that.
Edit: nevermind. It's missing signatures and information about the terms of posting the notice... My bad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I can confirm as well. Discussion of wages, working conditions, etc is protected now. We were briefed on this update to the laws a year or so ago. Target likes to use confidentiality both ways to keep you from going in the break room and firing people up because you got a bogus coaching. It's all fluff though. They can't CA you for it, and if they did, your HRBP would throw it out in a heartbeat. You are allowed to discuss anything work related with any co-worker as long as you are not a supervisor sharing confidential info you have about someone's personnel file or medical file with non-supervisory personnel.

Of course, if you cross them, they may just fire you for setting keys on the counter or something equally silly.

Last edited:
Retaliation is not forbidden, at least not at my store. At the end of the day, it's not what you know. It's what you can prove. Not being able to share what you make with other co-workers is like you being forbidden to tell a co-worker your birthday. It's your information. You should be allowed to share it at your own risk.

IMHO market is one of the most frustrating workcenters. I've never felt more defeated everyday than in market.

Then again, some days just working in my store leaves you feeling defeated because we have a completely unengaged STL and ETLs who are unhappy. Weak and/or ineffective leadership at the exec level (really any level, but it's bad when it trickles down from the top) has the biggest potential to break a store.

I only feel defeated mostly when I close....having to zone G1-G44 which is basically the entire side of the store takes forever. Last night we had someone zone dry market from like 11-2, and then for closing it was a wreck again when I zoned it from 6:30 to close. For me personally closing feels 2-3 times harder and more work than opening and it blows

Retaliation is very hard to prove... I have seen many team members they wanted to fire get fired for the most petty of things even though there were countless others doing the same thing. If said TM said well so and so does this or that they would just tell them they would deal with that person and it is none of their concern. Which is true. Unless someone tells you they were coached you would never know.

I was told that I will be terminated if I discuss my pay with my co-workers.

Whoever told you that was either lying or didn't know what they were talking about.
The law clearly states that they can't do that and you can inform as such.

HR and the STL

Federal law trumps both the smegheads.

I guess it's time to print out the HLBR lawsuit results and take them to work, lol.

I'd be careful...it says on there that individual griping is not considered "concerted activity." Unless you are using the discussions of pay, etc, to start the rumblings of forming a union, you could be out of luck. It still looks like a gray area to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back