Archived Promotion Confidentiality

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobycord

Know a little bit of info about a lot of stuff
I was told the other night that internal promotions should remain confidential until completely done with the process. Iso this in anyway true, and if so, why??

It could be for a variety of reasons, most commonly is they haven't let all those who applied for the position know that they didn't get it.

If you applied for a position, and did not get it, would you want to read that another person got it on their facebook feed, or hear it from your ETL?

I get the feeling that keeping the lid on that kind of information just isn't likely to happen. Our store is a gossip mill so most of the time about 20 minutes after something is made official, everyone already seems to know.

Hell half the people knew about my promotion before I did, so confidentiality seems nonexistent.

With all the gossip that goes around Target it's hard to keep anything "secret." Almost everyone knew I was being promoted to TL and I hadn't said a word to anyone. News travels fast especially at work.

Everyone knew I was being promoted to GSA since I had been working the shifts for so long without it being officialized. HR still asked that I keep it "confidential" until I was keyed in the system and given the go ahead to announce it. Lol.

Word often gets around much quicker than leadership may like.

I have never been and will never be promoted at Target. Who cares who gets promoted and who doesn't? This is shitty retail. It's not high school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back