Archived Confused on research

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in plano and our TL wants us to research every item we have 0 of on the aisle we just set. Few questions..

1. When would I 0 out an item and when would I not? Ex. Count shows 1-3 instock, but there's no backroom location and nothing after we push the merch.
2. If the count already shows 0. Do I still have to hit 0?
3. Do we even still use OUTs?

From my understanding of instocks:

1. Zero it out if nothings there, no grey dot. Better to get something on the way than hope the count is correct and the item shows up somewhere.
2. Zero it out, grey dot.
3. Yes

I would first make sure all your push for that area is done, truck is pushed and backstocked. Second location if there is one is empty.

Those things not done, nope not going zero it out.

ASANTS. Our STL says if you don't see it, looked on endcaps, hit 0. In all seriousness, if you come back across it you can correct the count. I'm always hesitant to hit 0, but yeah. And yes if it's all ready 0, hit 0 again.

So if I pushed everything and check other locations, if the counts are high like 5 or 20 we still hit 0? I think it mentions something about drastic counts.

If you researching in stand alone research it will never hit the drastic count report. FYI.

Don't forget to check risers for unlocated product!

If you researching in stand alone research it will never hit the drastic count report. FYI.

Last time I used SAR, it asked me to confirm a drastic count change. Is that normal? (BTW, I'm not instocks, an ETL wanted me to correct a count via SAR).

Make sure all the items are out of the Transition steel in the backroom. Also make sure there's not an unlocated pallet of the stuff. Dog food, cat litter, and paper products are often baffles in the BR.

That's not true. Our Plano team never checks multiple locations, especially in Mmb and those items do show up on the drastic count report when it's a significant amount zeroed out.

Op, make sure you are checking all locations listed when you do stand alone research before changing on hands.

Yes asking are you sure is normal. And no it doesn't hit the report since SAR is what you use to correct the report. If it is on the report its from the In-Stocks team and their scan through.

And your team shouldn't be researching if that is how you do it. Never checking? What are you flow? Shoot outs if you can't be bothered to actually research things.

Thanks guys for the help. Also, why do we have to 0 it out when it's already 0? Shouldn't we get them automatically? Or does it actually help us get product faster by doing that.

We should get it if it is already 0, but I swear the zeroing it out anyway will get you the product faster. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that zeroing out a count (even if it's already zero) forces a label drop at the DC.

That's not true. Our Plano team never checks multiple locations, especially in Mmb and those items do show up on the drastic count report when it's a significant amount zeroed out.

Op, make sure you are checking all locations listed when you do stand alone research before changing on hands.

Glad I am not crazy. It will definitely show up on the drastic count report.

Yes asking are you sure is normal. And no it doesn't hit the report since SAR is what you use to correct the report. If it is on the report its from the In-Stocks team and their scan through.

And your team shouldn't be researching if that is how you do it. Never checking? What are you flow? Shoot outs if you can't be bothered to actually research things.
I agree they shouldn't be doing it that way, but no one listens to me. I have to go behind them and change on hands constantly.

And I've seen it on the report, could just be my store. I have someone on instocks print it for me so I can check on hands on anything I might not have caught. The running joke is that you can tell where the planogram team recently reset by the drastic count report.

The drastic count logic only checks to see if an item was flagged as drastic within the past 6 days, and then it will not show up.

Standalone most certainly does show up on drastic count, as long as it hasn't been flagged in the past 6 days.

Which is probably why you should be working drastic count daily. If something falls off drastic count because you didn't investigate and re-research it within 6 days, does the whole process start over for that item?

In my area pfresh if the counts are off by 1 to 20 I just qmos to get the counts accurate. I just figure that anothr PA just tossed said item instead of a qmosing it. One time our banana count said we had 400+ when we only had about 20 that is when I did stand alone research. I always leave 1 In case a guest has it in their cart.

When you zero something out, it's not automatic. It has to be verified somehow, sometimes via drastic count but not everything will hit drastic count. Sometimes it has to be zeroed out more than once. And if by chance something gets zeroed out in error it gets put back into inventory as a negative. Ever wonder how you have -5 of something on hand? 5 of the product were reintroduced into inventory after being zeroed out.

At one point I was told to zero out only if what was missing was over $50 in total.

we have to keep out counts accurate on the "fesh express" baged salads so that the headquartered order items come in, also most all of our meat have to be researched and counts changed daily to keep our fresh meat stocked.

I still wish we could order these baged salads and gound meat like we used to be able to order.

Contantly out of the Jennie-O ground turkey..... we have zero, sincwe Saturday and hope to get some on the FDC truck on Tuesday.

Which is probably why you should be working drastic count daily. If something falls off drastic count because you didn't investigate and re-research it within 6 days, does the whole process start over for that item?

Correct. Once it falls off you have to research it again. Once and then again after it hits drastic.

There are also guardrails built in which require some items to be zeroed twice within a 48 hour period before the count changes. Dysons, consoles fall into this category.

There are also items which simply will not adjust no matter how much you scan. For these you need to submit a count update request on my support. Typically this is only the case when there is a large financial discrepancy.

In my area pfresh if the counts are off by 1 to 20 I just qmos to get the counts accurate. I just figure that anothr PA just tossed said item instead of a qmosing it. One time our banana count said we had 400+ when we only had about 20 that is when I did stand alone research. I always leave 1 In case a guest has it in their cart.

Bananas are sold by the each but ordered by the pound in some stores. Are you sure you were qmosing the right SKU daily?

Yes in my state we sell a three pound bunch of bananas for $1.79. We cannot not sell individual bananas its a state law.
That's different. Do you know the reasoning behind that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back