Archived Confusing Cartwheel Discount Signs in Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have had quite a few angry customers asking for the discount after seeing our cartwheel signs BUT none had a mobile phone. Our GSTL's in our store have all given the customer the sale price. What are your stores doing with the in store cartwheel promotions??

the store should have its own cartwheel account and any cashier, GSA, or gstl can use a my device to use coupons. But just dropping it to the sales price works too. You can't exclude someone just because they don't have a smartphone imo.

I always just have cartwheel pulled up on my phone in case they dont have it. I'll even offer it to people who dont realize the coupons we have on there as long as they qualify for one of them.

I always just have cartwheel pulled up on my phone in case they dont have it. I'll even offer it to people who dont realize the coupons we have on there as long as they qualify for one of them.

Yeah they tell us to do this as well. Kinda BS though Target makes you use your own phone to help guest. Are you going to let me write it off as a business expense spot?

any cashier, GSA, or gstl can use a my device

There arent enough mydevices for sales floor let alone cashiers. We are lucky if front end gets one.

Have had quite a few angry customers asking for the discount after seeing our cartwheel signs BUT none had a mobile phone. Our GSTL's in our store have all given the customer the sale price. What are your stores doing with the in store cartwheel promotions??
When I first signed up for Cartwheel, I printed out my list & used the barcode on it.
When I was about to print the next one, I saw that the number was the same so I cropped the barcode & laminated it on the backside of my TM discount cart. I update the list on-line & make my shopping list from there.
Archaic but it works for me so there IS an end-run when you don't have a smartphone.

the store should have its own cartwheel account and any cashier, GSA, or gstl can use a my device to use coupons. But just dropping it to the sales price works too. You can't exclude someone just because they don't have a smartphone imo.

Target does.

I believe it's TargetCW@target.com, PW- Cartwheel1. It's listed on Workbench.

TMs at my store who don't have smartphones have been printing their barcode at home in order to scan it at the registers.

Bet me they can't. It is the entire idea of the app. To see if it drives sales and figures for usage, etc. We don't send paper coupons to all our redcard holders either. Direct marketing is always exclusive one way or another.

Bet me they can't. It is the entire idea of the app. To see if it drives sales and figures for usage, etc. We don't send paper coupons to all our redcard holders either. Direct marketing is always exclusive one way or another.
Agreeded, more coupons, more coming back, more money that's why. If it's nice people I definitely do not mind using my cartwheel (have $2200 in savings, like $100 of that is mine). I always inform them you don't need to Downlod it now because no one ever has it ready. But I educate them about cartwheel and let them know it's not a credit card lol so they use it in the future and I save time :)

We had a handful of guests that either didn't realize it was a mobile coupon didn't know where or what to text to. My first couple of transactions were a small nightmare because the guests couldnt explain what it was they wanted to scan lol. After that I was able to locate an ad and it was easy living from there

I've come to realize the idiotic clientele of target is too stupid to fully understand cartwheel. I got yelled at yesterday because after explaining that you have to add items to your list and taking the time to show how it was done the person does none of it and has the cashier scan the barcode for nothing. No ma'am it's not my fault you are an idiot

I've come to realize the idiotic clientele of target is too stupid to fully understand cartwheel. I got yelled at yesterday because after explaining that you have to add items to your list and taking the time to show how it was done the person does none of it and has the cashier scan the barcode for nothing. No ma'am it's not my fault you are an idiot
This happened to me last year where a woman had over $200 worth of stuff, and me and my GSA were explaining to her how to do it. I suspend and let her do her thing while I check out the next guest. She comes back, and I scan her barcode only for her to say "OK now to scan the next one…" I'm like NO NO THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS. Too late. Can't line void cartwheel. I had to ring up everything again. She had the nerve to be pissed.

So we're moving to single price point endcaps, but have this Cartwheel-exclusive nonsense to deal with. Yeah, straightforward value and clear pricing there, guys.

I let a guest use mine yesterday we tried to get her signed up but it didn't work out so well.

But with the new Cartwheel (only available in a few test markets), the guest will want to scan their own barcode in order to accrue points because points means free stuff.

In this cases have he guest won't have thier own Cartwheel account. Not every guest is tech savy enough to sign up.

How do you add the department discounts to cartwheel on the website? Customers called the store asking about the 20% off toys discount from the past couple days and I could not tell them how to add that discount to their cartwheel on the cartwheel.target.com website so they could print out the barcode at home.

How do you add the department discounts to cartwheel on the website? Customers called the store asking about the 20% off toys discount from the past couple days and I could not tell them how to add that discount to their cartwheel on the cartwheel.target.com website so they could print out the barcode at home.
The 20% off toys is also a coupon in the ad (or, it was).

I always just have cartwheel pulled up on my phone in case they don't have it. I'll even offer it to people who don't realize the coupons we have on there as long as they qualify for one of them.
I was told today that we will not be able to do this any longer, as they are combining TargetPerks (not available at our store yet, but is supposed to be at some time in future) with Cartwheel, as we can't earn points off of someone else's purchases.

I was told today that we will not be able to do this any longer, as they are combining TargetPerks (not available at our store yet, but is supposed to be at some time in future) with Cartwheel, as we can't earn points off of someone else's purchases.
Yup, my bosses were pretty adamant that we can't use our own Cartwheel accounts to help guests anymore. That's fine. I just can't take five minutes to help one guest when I have a long line of guests at the Service Desk. We had several complaints from people without smart phones or computers but as they say, "them's the breaks".

I bought some HBA items on the day they were 25 percent off. After I got my receipt I realized I was charged the reg. price. So, I went over to the service desk and they adjusted it. The next day I was asking a fellow tm ( who I know had bought items as well) if she had the same issue . She said no, I just had to use the cart wheel coupon. I said wow that explains that. I didn't realize that you had to use the coupon via cartwheel. I used my cartwheel that day....but didn't have that coupon added. After, I realized my mistake ( and laughed about it ) I was talking to the gstl about it ...he said they had many guests who didn't realize the same thing .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back